5 Ways To Reward Employees Without Giving Them Cash
When it comes to rewarding your employees, cash is king — but only for a few hours. Money is never a long-term motivator. No doubt, employees love a cheque — who doesn’t? But finding ways to connect with them rather than pay them off will result in more loyal, harder working employees.
Check out these 5 amazingly easy and budget friendly ways to say, “I appreciate you and all your diligent work”
1. Flexible Hours: One reason people like to work for themselves is the control issue. By allowing employees to determine their own schedule and work environment, you appeal to the entrepreneurial spirit — which can be good for your employees. This is worth a lot more than cash.
2. A Thank You Note: Saying thanks about something specific may be the ultimate reward. If you do it selectively yet authentically, a thank you note may be pinned above your employee’s desk for years.
3. Team Jerseys: Recognize team players with a team jersey from their favorite sports team, with their name on the back.
4. Laundry on Me: Give them a gift card that takes care of all their laundry services for one whole month.
5. A New Chair: Many employees sit for at least eight hours a day. Reward their exceptional effort with a new comfortable, supportive chair.