There’s Always a Silver Lining, Just Ask ‘Hunky’ Gainesville Police Officers
Photos posted on the Gainesville Police Department’s Facebook page are garnering some attention following Hurricane Irma’s wrath and proving that even in the worst of times there is always a silver lining.
Officers Nordman, Hamill and Rengering were getting ready to start their night shift when they decided to take a selfie.
Almost immediately, the photo when viral accumulating 234K likes, 155K comments and 240K shares.
Why you may ask? Well, just look at the photo!
Three handsome men looking into the camera got the comments flowing to the police department’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
Some of the amorous comments from those in northern Florida and across the nation were as follows:
“So, looks like my next vacation will be spent in Gainesville rolling through stop signs and driving with a tail light out every evening until I’ve been pulled over by the entire night shift.”
Other flirtatious comments included:
“I feel faint … send help!”
“I feel safer just looking at this picture.”
“I can’t believe how many women are objectifying these poor, fine, young, strong, handsome, brave, sexy, delicious, virile, ovulation-inducing, mouth-watering, beefy….. I can’t remember where I was going with this,” one comment read.
“Do a calendar, add puppies and I’m pretty sure we can rebuild Texas and Florida.”
The Gainesville Police Department had fun with the comments and posted the following statement on their Facebook page:
1. We are dying with the comments. You’ve actually made our chief blush with some of them.
2. MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
3. We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
4. On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
5. Please do not call 9–1–1 and request this group respond to your “incident”
6. There WILL be a calendar.Thank you all for the hilarious comments…they have brightened our time up here. As for the calendar, we are going to try and do something fairly quickly and funds raised will go to Hurricane Irma recovery here in Florida.”
Not to be outdone, the Sarasota Police Department fired back with their own “hot” cops photo and message:
“Officers Raulerson, Craig, Gloeckner & Hughes responded to help our friends at the North Port Police Department & North Port Fire Department this afternoon with rescues due to rising floodwaters from Hurricane Irma. Gainesville Police Departmenthas nothing on us
One thing is for sure.
It appears that there will be plenty of people “flooding” the Gainesville Police Department when their calendars are “hot” off the presses and ready for distribution.