Teleport ETH to Optimism with Teleportr
A cheaper more centralized bridge for small amounts
We all know the pains of high Ethereum gas fees, that’s why Layer 2 exists in the first place. So we know how much it hurts when the gas fees for trying to escape Layer 1 are outrageous.
Users need ETH on Optimism to pay gas for transaction fees. For example, Synthetix stakers need to pay gas for staking operations. This bridge allows users to transfer ETH from Ethereum to Optimism for low fees.
- Teleportr is hosted here: https://teleportr.on.fleek.co/
- The current user interface is a placeholder because we wanted to release this as soon as possible to ease the pain of high fees.
- The max deposit amount is capped at 0.05 ETH for security reasons. (This will be enough for approximately 100 Optimism transactions)
- Ethereum contract: 0x324C7ec7fb2Bc61646aC2f22f6D06AB29B6c87a3
- The smart contract is unaudited
- The cost of using Teleportr is equivalent to sending a simple Ethereum transaction plus a simple Optimism transaction.
- At an ETH price of $3100 and a 40 gwei gas price this is approximately $5. A ~7x decrease in gas costs compared to the Optimism Gateway.
How to use
- Navigate to https://teleportr.on.fleek.co/
- Connect your wallet (only MetaMask support currently)
- Enter deposit amount (0.05 ETH maximum)
- Confirm transaction & wait 21 confirmations
- Receive your teleported ETH on Optimism in a few minutes 🛸🔴
Special thanks to shadowy super coder Clem for smashing this 🔨