Growing in Harmonesse — Three Years Strong
Since its beginning three years ago, Harmonesse has been working to create innovative solutions for organizations using Service Design. With 15 years in the industry, we’ve harnessed our insights, creating a new message called ‘The Power of Caring’ — focusing on empathy at the heart of the human experience and seeing the effect ripple through users, service providers, and leadership. With this intention, Harmonesse is currently working on projects with a significant focus on services that challenge people — such as managing custodial criminal systems and becoming ‘death’ wise when notifying the government on the death of a loved one.
Instead of focusing on just technology and efficiency, Harmonesse continues to help organizations explore the power of caring about the human experience and relations in the strategic design of their systems, services, and experiences.
The last year has been a varied and fascinating experience for us at Harmonesse. Here are some highlights:
- Improving the investigation experience for people who police the police (IIO)
- Empowering teachers in innovation and supporting the gap in resources, skills, and knowledge for teaching the crucial topics of social, emotional, and mental health throughout schools and the wider ecosystem (WellAhead & McConnell Foundation)
We also built capability and training in human-centred design and social innovation, including:
- Supporting the Yukon Government strategically plan a whole new citizen improvement capability including: approach, team, and offer.
- Training Local Economic Development Lab entrepreneurs on understanding the human experience and improving ideas for their social hiring, procurement, and employment projects in the Downtown Eastside, Vancouver.
- Prototyping an Innovation Lab for the City of Vancouver, in partnership with Think Vancouver.
From this fruitful year, I personally learned about the importance of intention. We created ‘The Power of Caring’ and projects of this exact nature manifested before us. For 2018, our focus is building on ‘The Power of Caring’ to include ‘Designing a Healthy Life’.
With that thought in mind, we’d love to hear from you about how you structure a healthy life in projects, work, home, and play. Reach out to us and let’s have a chat.