5 Ways to Detox Your Body without Spending an Arm and a Leg
“Detoxing,“ a basic cleansing of the system. Some people run for the hills when they hear the word and others embrace it. I belong to the latter group. My detoxing adventures began several years ago with The Master Cleanse. 10 days of no food and drinking only the infamous “spicy lemonade” drink coupled with laxative tea and pints of salt water. Sound like the dream diet? It was one of the most challenging processes I’ve ever embarked on but the rewards were extraordinary. Heightened senses, more energy, feeling lighter, mentally sharper, and of course, every ounce of fat (and then some) was gone. Once the ten days of “suffering” are over, there are the final four days which include a day of orange juice only, a day of light wafers, a day of soup broth and wafers, and finally for the grand finale, a day of vegetable soup. Then you are free to head back into the treacherous waters of the American diet. My motivation was always to feel better mentally, which I did. But cleansing is great for weight loss, energy, and for an overall balancing of all bodily systems. Once the toxic components of the body are removed, there is a natural energy that surfaces which increases focus, promotes better sleep, and gives one an overall feeling of well-being. So, how do we do this? Here are some basics and recommendations:
1. Master Cleanse, which is discussed above, can be done anywhere from 10 to 40 days. Get over to a high quality supermarket and get your lemons, Grade A Maple Syrup, ground cayenne pepper, purified water, laxative tea, and uniodized salt. Look up the “Master Cleanse” or “Lemonade Diet” online for more details. You will not be eating at all during this cleanse so make sure to plan properly.
2. The Tiao He Cleanse, This consists of taking 6 herbal supplement pills twice per day for 15 days. The pills are wrapped in individual packets making it very convenient. You must drink a good amount of water during this process and eat a lot of leafy greens. Avoid fried foods, red meat, alcohol, caffeine, and high-sugar foods. It’s the least labor intensive cleanse I’ve done with great results. This cleanse can be purchased online for about $25.00.
A “Quick Fix”:
3. Detox Tea, “Yogi Tea” makes a great detox tea that comes in a few different flavors. This is a great everyday tea to drink, but is also good to drink multiple times per day over the course of a week or two to purify the body. No, you are not running to the bathroom. This tea helps cleanse your liver, kidneys and overall bodily systems, and boosts your energy. Become a detox “tea junkie” for a week and you’ll definitely feel better!
4. Laxative tea and salt water flush, We are slicing a page out of the Master Cleanse here. Drink a cup laxative tea at night. On an empty stomach the next morning, drink two pints of luke-warm water with a teaspoon of uniodized salt in each one. This is an aggressive way to completely flush your system. Yes, you will need to remain near a bathroom, but you will feel great after. The stark reality is that most of us are “full of it,” literally. This is the best way to flush it all out.
Back to Basics:
5. Water, Drink it, Drink a lot of it. Your body needs it. Your brain needs it. Your life needs it. At the very least, a constant ingestion of water is the one of the best things you can do for your body. It may sound extreme, but proper hydration with water will help increase focus, reduce aches and pains, promote the health of all of your vital organs, promote overall emotional balance, and just leave you feeling better on a daily basis.
Vince co-founded a healthcare company called “The Access Organization,” which provides a non-insurance healthcare solution. Through his own company, Vince was able to get the drug Vyvanse for $25.00 per month as opposed to $250.00 per month. He took this drug during the initial three years of developing his company and saved nearly $8,000 in medication costs. Vince also credits the support of the “Medication Advocacy Program” of The Access Organization as a major reason that he was able to bring the company to the finish line and successfully launch it.
Register Now and start saving on your out-of-pocket medical expenses.
Are you struggling with medical bills totaling more than $2,500? Let us help you!