5 Inspiring TEDx Talks to Start October Off Right
Kick off this season with a happy and healthy mindset.
Here are 5 TED talks that make bettering yourself a fun and entertaining thing to do:
1. Shawn Achor: “The Happy Secret to Better Work”
They say the key to life is finding happiness, but what is the most efficient way to achieve it? In this giggle-inducing and fast-paced talk, Shawn Achor argues that when happiness is found productivity is prioritized.
2. Cameron Russell: “Looks aren’t everything. Believe me, I’m a model”
Don’t judge a book by its cover. When a gorgeous model decides enough is enough, what comes from it? Cameron Russell discusses the modeling industry and what standards today holds for those in the profession.
3. Larry Smith: “Why you will fail to have a great career”
Why do we make excuses to get out of being productive? Larry Smith analyzes what benefits come from self-induced failure.
4. Ash Beckham: “We’re all hiding something. Let’s find the courage to open up”
In this emotional discussion, Ash Beckham questions why as human beings we hide our true feelings and emotion from one another. The only way out, says Beckham, is to open the door and step out of your closet.
5. Tom Thum: “The orchestra in my mouth”
Tom Thum will leave you with nothing but a smile on your face and an immense appreciation for beat boxing in your heart.
Words By Kyley Hagan