JOIN OUR #INDIETEAM — WIN UNITY LICENSES AND A CONSULTATION WITH TEAM17 ABOUT YOUR GAME!
Team17 have teamed up with Unity and IndieDB.com at this year’s PAX East to celebrate the amazing work of independent game developers. Join our #IndieTeam for the chance to win Unity Pro licenses daily and our Grand Prize; a trip to Team17's offices in the UK for a development consultation on your game.
The winner will get an expenses paid trip to the UK including flights and accommodation, along with the opportunity to present their game or game concept to Team17's experienced development staff. They’ll get advice on all aspects of development, from programming, art and design through to QA, localisation and usability testing.
Entering is easy! All you need is a Twitter account. Just tweet us from Friday 6th March on @Team17Ltd using the #IndieTeam tag and tell us what you love most about developing games. You’ll need to be 18 or over, and you’ll need to either be developing a game already or have plans to develop one in the near future.
Full terms and conditions are below, be sure to read them before entering. The competition opens on 6th March at 9AM EST (2PM GMT) and closes on 8th March at 20:00 EDT (12AM GMT).
Good luck, and keep making amazing games!
Terms & Conditions:
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Penny Arcade.
- The promoter is Team 17 Digital Ltd, Castleview House, Wakefield, WF2 7AW. (“The Promoter”)
- The promotion commences at 09:00 EST on 6th March 2015 and closes at 20:00 DST on 8th March 2015 (The “Promotion Period”)
- Directors, management, employees, officers and immediate families of the promoter and its related corporate bodies, employees of associated agencies involved in this promotion are ineligible to enter this promotion.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must:
a) Sign into their Twitter account or, if they do not have one, register for a Twitter account at http://twitter.com
b) Compose a new tweet containing the phrases “@Team17Ltd” AND “#IndieTeam”; which answers the following question: “What do you love most about developing indie games?”
c) Send the tweet.
7. The winning entry will be selected randomly from all the eligible entries submitted during the promotional period. The runners up will be selected randomly from all the eligible entries submitted during the promotional period.
8. Entries must be the original work of the entrant. Entrants may enter more than once, but may only win a total of 1 runners up prize and 1 winner’s prize.
9. There will be 1 winner. The prize for the winner is 1x trip for one to Team17Ltd’s offices in Wakefield , UK to receive development advice from Team17Ltd’s staff. The promoter will pay for reasonable travel and accommodation expenses up to the value of $6000. The trip will take place between April — September 2015 at a date to be mutually agreed by the promoter and the winner.
There will be 3 runners up. The prize for the runners up is 1x Unity Pro license. The value of the runner’s up prize is $1500.
10. This promotion is open to entrants aged 18 or over who are now developing, or have plans to develop, a video game.
11. The prize must be taken by the winner as stated and cannot be transferred to another person, exchanged for other goods or services or redeemed as cash. Any element of the prize that is unused will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
12. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded in law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by the winner.
13. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation of any aspect of the prize due to circumstances outside of its control. In such event, an alternative element of the prize will be arranged.
14. The winners will be notified by private message to the account used to enter the competition within 28 days of the competition closing. If the winner does not reply to the notification with the information requested within 28 days, they will forfeit their prize. Runner’s Up Prizes will be delivered within 60 days of the winner providing their delivery details. The promoter will liaise with the winner to arrange a suitable date and time to deliver to winner’s prize. The promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for delays in delivery that are outside of its control.
15. By submitting an entry to this competition, you grant the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such entry in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed)
16. The promoter is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
18. Entry details become the property of the Promoter. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their names, country of residence and entry details for promotional and/or marketing purposes. The winner agrees to participate in reasonable publicity activities surrounding the promotion as requested by the Promoter.