We are excited to announce the official kick-off of our MMI SportsTech Bootcamp on Monday, April 23. Together with Eintracht Frankfurt we have worked out a challenging program that will help 15 SportsTech Startups to boost their business!
What does MMI SportsTech stand for?
Money meets Idea — MMI SportsTech is tailored to early-stage start-ups that want to raise capital for their sports business. All participants go through a fast-paced, intense bootcamp and a mindset-shifting experience, with personalised support from experienced entrepreneurs, investors, and sports industry insiders.
Bootcamp Highlights where the general public can take part in:
- Monday, April 23, 10AM: The week starts with a special guest at TQ: Axel Hellmann, member of the board of directors at Eintracht Frankfurt, will be our guest and start-off the week together with Dr. Thomas Funke, Co-Director of TechQuartier.
- Tuesday, April 24th, 6–9pm: Sport meets Tech: here you can join Eintracht Franfurt and us for a networking event and listen to a Keynote by Daniel Sobhani, CEO Freeletics at TechQuartier (for more information click here)
Get to know our Startups:
- Athlyzer GmbH: develops digital solutions directly from sports practice. With Athlyzer we pursue a new approach and combine sports and computer science.
- PlayersVote: Fan-generated performance ratings of teams & players. With PlayersVote, fans can engage before (pre-game), during (live), and after the game (post-game). Hence, it covers the entire fan journey.
- optikick: Optikick stands for Optimized Kickin with improved Performance Management. We have created an open framework, which could be easily adapted to the special requirements of clubs — even by the clubs themselves.
- 9ineSports Network: A Sports Fans Network. The first complete sports social networks for sports fans.
- spobi.net: The sport locker for athletes and teams. So you stay focussed & thrive.
- Seat X: App /Website to rate your seat and stadium experience.
- Sportmember: Our vision is to simplify administrative processes for sport clubs and teams that usually require a lot of effort, skills and paper work.
- Ticketh: Don’t ever worry about your ticket again: TICKETH is the convenient and secure way to book or sell tickets to events, both online or offline.
- Sywos: We have developed a revolutionary linear resistance technology, that can replace weights and allows instant antagonistic muscle Training.
- Quipe: With the unique QUIPE-Score we would like to make football players of all ages and levels comparable. The QUIPE score is used to record players’ performance data in the areas of technique, tactics, athletics and personality.
- Testspielportal: We have a cool looking product that makes Team Sport coaches’ lives easier. With the right partner we can win more Teams in Germany and scale the Project in different ways.
- Toni.ai Sports Chatbots: Toni.ai provides white-label chatbots for sport-clubs, leagues & Players.
- streetkickers UG (haftungsbeschränkt): A digital health company which develops an ultimate soccer training app.
- SKILLCADEMY360: Skillcademy360° the digital solution to boost fan engagement/experience.
- Game On Technologies: video technology for sports professionals.
Get to know our Speakers:
Stefan Reinartz (Impect GmbH) - Stefan Reinartz spent most part of his ten-year career as a professional football player in his first club Bayer 04 Leverkusen. He subsequently became the managing director of Impect GmbH, a start-up he founded a year earlier with his former team-mate Jens Hegeler. The company became known in 2016 when ARD presented the new and innovative analysis method called Packing.
Daniel Sobhani (Freeletics) - Daniel Sobhani is the CEO of Freeletics. Before he took over this leadership role, Daniel worked for the Boston Consulting Group. Since 2014, he has built up the bootstrapped and profitable AI based digital fitness company Freeletics with >25 million users.
Timm Jäager (Eintracht Frankfurt)- Since September 2017, Timm Jäger works as Advisor to the Executive Board at Eintracht Frankfurt. His main focus is on all digital projects with strategic impact on the club.
Dr. Murat Ünal founded SONEAN with his team in 2013 with the idea of bundling all network science related activities.
Joachim Lauterbach (valantic GmbH) - Joachim Lauterbach was appointed to the management of valantic GmbH on February 1st 2018. Prior to that, he had been a member of the supervisory board of valantic Trading Solutions AG for more than three years while he already lived the vision, strategy and values of the valantic Group.
Thorsten Lambertus (Frauenhofer Venture) - Thorsten Lambertus leads the Venture Incubation & Company Building team at Fraunhofer Venture.
Tim Pawlowski (University Tübingen) - Tim Pawlowski is co-founder of the European Sport Economics Association (ESEA), led various research projects on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Finance and Major League Soccer (MLS) in North America and lectured as an expert on invitation of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and Sport Committee of the German Bundestag.
Dr. Thomas Funke (TechQuartier) - Thomas Funke has been involved in the global start-up ecosystem for 15 years now. He is the Co-Director of the TechQuartier Frankfurt.
Fadi Naoum (SAP SE) - Fadi Naoum is Development Senior Vice President for Sports and Entertainment, the 25th industry at SAP.
Bernd Huwe (SAP) - Bernd Huwe is Business Development Director Sports & Entertainment at SAP.
Sebastian Zelichowski is working as an analyst for Eintracht Frankfurt. Prior to that he has been part of the research teams at VfB Stuttgart, 1.FC Nürnberg and Hannover 96.