The Wearable Technology is probably the main point of view when you’ll take a look at the future of our daily life.
If you just stop for a moment and take a look around you, you can understand. People are using different types of wearable tech products like Health & Fitness Trackers, Smartwatches, Smart Glasses, VR Headsets, Wireless Headphones & Earbuds, Smart Running Shoes, and much more …
So, I think, it’ll be not a bad idea to know about some notable facts about Wearable Technology. Isn’t it?
- Pulsar’s Calculator Wristwatch can be considered as the first consumer wearable device to achieve global success in 2000.
- The first Bluetooth headset was sold and in 2004.
- Google Glass was the first voice-operated optical head-mounted display product to combine hands-free internet access with augmented reality and the ability to capture images, released in 2013.
- According to statistics, the number of connected wearable devices worldwide is expected to jump from an estimate of 325 million in 2016 to over 830 million in 2020.
- The most successful wearable devices on the market right now are smart watches and health and fitness tracker.
- The Wearable technology market was worth about $7 billion in 2015, and that number will more than quadruple to $31 billion by 2020.
- Over 170 million units of wearable wrist-wear devices are forecast to be shipped in 2020, more than any other wearable category.
- The leading smartwatch vendors are Apple, Samsung, Lenovo, Garmin, and Pebble.
- Pebble and Apple holding the largest share of the Smartwatch market, where Apple holds about 74% of the global smartwatch market right now.
- In the health and fitness wearable market, Fitbit has been a leader in the wearable industry since 2014 with a strong presence.
Hope you’ll enjoy the list above of the interesting facts about Wearable Technology.
Welcome you also to share anything interesting about Wearable Tech with us by commenting.