You’re going to have to do better than that, Senator.
- The Rise of ISIS began well before 7 years ago. Perhaps look as far back as 2003, when Iraq was invaded under false pretenses, and the Iraqi army was disbanded foolishly.
- Misleading on multiple counts. The vast majority of GTMO detainees who were released and returned to fight against us happened during the Bush administration. Second, GTMO serves as propaganda for our enemies, and is a betrayal of the values we proclaim to the rest of the world. It embodies our hypocrisy, and closing it, while not without its hazards, is absolutely in our country’s best interests.
- The Iran deal is so “misguided” that Iran has now shipped its stockpile of enriched uranium out of the country, removed thousands of centrifuges from its underground facilities, and destroyed its plutonium production reactor, thereby eliminating all pathways to a nuclear weapon just as promised. Seems like a win to me. So far, at least.
- Simply stating a number with no context is not very informative. Clearly you are aiming for an emotional response, rather than actually making a case about poverty in this country.
- Of course many Americans are facing higher premiums…they go up every year. The facts of the matter are that increases have been smaller under ACA than they have been in the past. So what are you complaining about?
- I like how you didn’t bother to quantify the number of people who have left the workforce…again, perhaps because you’re looking for an emotional response, rather than a rational one? And perhaps because your point is largely undercut by the actual numbers involved…5x as many jobs created under Obama than under Bush, stock market doubled, corporate profits tripled, unemployment halved, just to name a few. If you’re looking to criticize Obama on the economy, you’re barking up the wrong tree.
- Obama had nothing to do with the VA
- I don’t know much about this one, so fine, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
In short, your vague list of criticisms largely flies in the face of the facts and reality. Furthermore, your suggestions for things to do differently are nebulous and specifics-free as to be laughable. Through “reinvention of our tax code, we will see our small businesses grow and their innovations multiply”? What a wonderful idea! Now what does it mean? If you’re just going to spout meaningless platitudes, misleading criticisms, and vague gestures for alternatives, you’re just wasting everyone’s time.