8 Ways to Promote and Increase Your Podcast Audience!
Our team works with coaches and speakers all over the world, so I know firsthand how important podcasting is in both of these industries. I’m also acutely aware that a LOT of work goes into producing a quality podcast before, during and after.
You need a great topic, a clear and well-edited recording, strong graphics that surround the marketing and promotion of the episode … and that’s not all.
When you put so much work into a project, you want to see some sort of return. So, I thought it would be beneficial for me to put together a list of marketing tips you might not have considered before.
Here they are, in no particular order:
- Leverage the power of iTunes. Submit your podcast to iTunes. Make sure you have a compelling description, and have chosen the most appropriate category and keywords to describe your show.
- Use Amazon Author Central. Do you have a book on Amazon? If you do, don’t forget to add a link to your podcast in your Amazon Author Central profile.
- Google it! Add your podcast link to your Google profile. Google may seem to fall a bit behind with its social media efforts. And no, Google+ isn’t as popular anymore; however, Google is still Google. It’s highly searchable, and your profile will follow you around the Internet. So, go ahead and take advantage of the Internet real estate available to you for promoting your show.
- Link across social media. Use your LinkedIn profile, Twitter bio, and Facebook Page to link back to your podcast. And don’t be afraid to link to former episodes once in awhile. BONUS TIP: If you see something in your news feed that relates to a podcast you’ve published, go ahead and share the link and explain your position on the topic! Just don’t go crazy and start hijacking everyone else’s posts!
- Publish more episodes. Each time you release a new podcast there’s a chance you’ll gain new listeners. More visibility is always a good thing! If you’re doing one episode a month now, try upping it to two and see what happens.
- Play with your podcast titles. Just as it is with any subject line or title, the punchier the title, the more downloads you’ll enjoy.
- The more the merrier. Invite guests to record an interview with you for cross promotion opportunities. For example, if someone you admire publishes a book you like, invite them to record something with you. They’ll be promoting the show, too, to increase their exposure. Win/win.
- Use YouTube. Capture a YouTube video while you record your podcast. Not only do people like watching behind-the-scenes footage, but this will allow you to use the power of video to promote your podcast.
There you go. Eight ways you can promote your podcast. Any tips to add to the list?
Author Bio: Terry Green is the Owner/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an online marketing support company that partners with professional speakers and coaches worldwide to help them turn time into money. You can follow Terry on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+!
Originally published at BizEase Support Solutions.