The Value And Benefit Of An Instagram Business Account!
Do you market your business on Instagram? If you do, do you have a personal or business account? If you’ve got a personal account, it’s pretty easy to switch to a business account. But maybe you’re saying “what’s the difference, and why should I care?”
The three main benefits of having a business account are:
- Once you’ve provided your contact information for your business account, you’ll have a brand spanking new “contact” button on your profile. Depending on your settings, other Instagram users will be able to click on the button and choose to email you, call you, or find your location on a map.
- Switching to a business account will give you access to your Instagram “Insights,” so you can see the analytics for your posts. Knowing your stats and how your posts are doing is a good thing!
- Last but not least, business accounts have access to Instagram ads, which will allow you to promote your best performing posts.
Which brings me to another question … Did you know Instagram is owned by Facebook? Yup, it is. And what is so cool about this, is you can connect your Instagram account to your Facebook page. Not the connection that simply allows you to post your Instagram posts to Facebook; but actually integrating the two accounts lets you:
- Edit your account details on Facebook
- Manage Instagram comments from the Pages Manager app
- Create Instagram ads from Facebook
The moral of the story is: Converting a personal account into a business account is super easy to do, and provides added marketing benefits. And, integrating your new business account with your Facebook page is even easier, and provides additional control and ease of account management.
One thing to keep in mind, however … whenever you share a post to Facebook from a personal Instagram account, it will be shared to your Facebook profile. Posts shared from a business account will be shared to your Facebook business page. If it’s important to you to have your posts shared to your profile, then a business account might not be your cup of tea.
Have you switched from a personal account to a business account? Why or why not?
Author Bio: Terry Green is the Owner/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an online marketing support company that partners with professional speakers and coaches worldwide to help them turn time into money. You can follow Terry on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+!
Originally published at BizEase Support Solutions.