XP Launches SETI Project!
Calling all our XP Community Members and Science Lovers!
Did you guys enjoy the World Community Grid Project? Well, now we have a new project for you guys!
We’ve decided to launch the SETI project!
SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) is a scientific area whose goal is to detect intelligent life outside Earth. One approach, known as radio SETI, uses radio telescopes to listen for narrow-bandwidth radio signals from space. Such signals are not known to occur naturally, so a detection would provide evidence of extraterrestrial technology (SETI@Home).
Pretty cool, huh?! XP is looking forward to diving deeper into the world of science, with this project alongside the scientific research from the World Community Grid!
Like the WCG, there is a 4 MILLION XP pot, that will be divided based upon your contribution to the project!
How to sign up
- Visit https://setiathome.berkeley.edu and click on ‘Sign Up’.
2. Fill in the requested info.
3. Once you are on the ‘Welcome’ screen, download the ‘BOINC client software’.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions until the BOINC task manager pops up.
5. Click ‘Add Project’ once task manager is shown.
6. Choose ‘All Categories’, scroll down and select ‘SETI@home’.
7. You will then be asked to login to your SETI@home account. Once you do this the project will be added to your tasks.
(Please note: You have to manually add yourself to Team XP)
You can watch this video to learn how to add yourself to Team XP Coin:
Don’t forget to join the SETI channel on our Discord to share your username and XP address to be included in the monthly payout!
If you have any issues or questions with setup, please contact our Support team at support.xpcoin.io or reach out to us on Discord.
Please be sure to follow us on our social media pages for more updates!