Five things I give a shit about.
A listicle for people who care!
Highlight if you agree. Click the boxes to read more.
- Subpar medical care in privately-operated prisons that prioritize cost-cutting above all less — which has led to dozens of sick men dying.
Hi there, and welcome to THE SHIT LIST'S VERY FIRST EMAIL! We're excited. We're glad to have you. Here's what we're…us12.campaign-archive1.com
2. Unfair voting maps that are designed to purposefully disenfranchise particular racial groups, or political parties — like those that were drawn in North Carolina.
Well, it's been another week full of shit. Here's what we're adding to the list: THE SHIT: In North Carolina…us12.campaign-archive1.com
3. The fact that poor, non-white communities are most likely to be located near toxic waste sites, often because they don’t hold enough political clout (or have enough money) to advocate for themselves.
Well, it's been another week full of shit. Here's what we're adding to the list: THE SHIT: You've heard about the dirty…us12.campaign-archive1.com
4. A food stamp policy that cuts off aid to our country’s neediest recipients — people with an average annual income of $2,000 — unless they’re able to find work in three months or less.
A THE BACKSTORY 1996 welfare law states that childless, able-bodied adults will lose access to food stamps after three…us12.campaign-archive2.com
5. Companies that sell you products and services to make filing taxes easier — and then actively lobby Congress to make sure filing policy stays as complicated as possible. Because business.
THE BACKSTORY: TurboTax, a product by Intuit, is one of the most popular tax-filing services - and it's what we'll…us12.campaign-archive2.com
Want more good (but infuriating) stuff in your inbox? Do you find strange pleasure in getting kinda mad, but hoping that someday you’ll fix it? You sound like one of us. Sign up for our newsletter: