What is The War Horse?
- The first fully digital collection of multimedia profiles for each of the men, women, military working dogs, and Afghan/Iraqi interpreters killed in action in Iraq and Afghanistan. This content will be listed under The Echoes Project and will remain free for use by all members of the American Alliance of Museums.
- A community where all people — military, civilian, pro-war, and anti-war — can express their thoughts and individual experiences with war and have them matter.
- THE place to answer the question: What is war?
Please keep reading about us, consider sponsoring, donating, and volunteering. Watch the virtual tour of our newsroom, read about our growing list of donors, discover our internships, and begin telling your story!
We CAN’T do this without your HELP!
Click here to read about what we’ve accomplished so far!
Mission & Vision Statements:
- To be the trusted authority on the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan by sharing on-the-ground, personal perspectives from those who were there and those who waited patiently behind.
- Providing focus, clarity, and insight into America’s longest-running war(s) by including interested parties in an open and candid dialogue.
Our Branding Statement:
Journalism is about documenting the human experience. It is passing on the stories of others and doing so in a fair, accurate way. The essence of journalism is the people we write about, photograph, record, and observe. The War Horse will be the most in-depth documentation of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that yet exists. It will provide context from the individuals who were on the ground, the Generals who led them, the battles they fought, and those friends and family who supported them from home.
We will be the common ground from which responsible conversation can begin and understanding develop. In the course of this dialogue, we will address, first-hand, one of the most debated topics in the history of the United States and the world.
We are and always will be non-partisan. Our only objective is to explain war in greater context than ever before by exploring these current, ongoing conflicts openly and engagingly, providing contemporary, contextualized content for citizens and politicians to consider anew.
We will accomplish this by collecting information in mass. Members will be encouraged to submit pictures, videos, and written work from and about their experiences. They will also be asked to provide the same for comrades who died at war and from war, as well as any information pertaining to battles large and small. This is the story of a generation galvanized by the events of 9/11 and all that has followed.
We will provide the portal and the platform through which these stories will live forever.
Read about our fundraising and marketing plan, here.
Thank you for reading and I hope you will share your thoughts with me and please consider donating!
Thomas James Brennan
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation by check, or correspond by mail, please make the check payable to:
The Institute for Non-Profit News
PO Box 399
Richlands, NC 28574
To Contribute an Online Donation, Click Here