We’re hiring a Head of Audience
At Timeline, we believe that history is filled with extraordinary and vibrant stories. We also believe that it’s impossible to make sense of today without understanding the people and events that came before. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to tell those extraordinary stories from the past and, in the process, change the way people think about the present.
We’re looking for a Head of Audience to help us fulfill our mission. This is a senior position within the company. The successful applicant will play a central role in the company’s growth and strategic development, and will be joining the company during a period of strong growth and opportunity for innovation. He or she will also work closely with the leaders of our editorial teams, as well as the company’s CEO.
The Head of Audience will:
- Develop and implement a long-term strategy that will drive audience growth at our web and social channels.
- Manage our social media editor and our existing work on Facebook and Twitter.
- Manage our marketing budget.
- Collect audience and content data and use that data to empower our editorial teams.
- Develop and manage our partnerships with other media organizations.
- Work with senior Timeline staff, designers, and coders to conceive and develop new products and special projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years experience in a senior audience growth or social role at a media organization, including management experience.
- An intense interest in current affairs and the history behind the headlines.
- An intuitive sense of the factors that make content go viral and experience producing social media content.
- A solid knowledge of the mechanics and culture of the major social media platforms.
- Experience using analytics packages such as Parse.ly and CrowdTangle to generate actionable reports for editorial teams.
- Solid grasp of SEO techniques.
If you’re excited by the chance to help us develop a new kind of journalism, and to work at a well-funded San Francisco startup during one of the most exciting periods of media innovation in history, we encourage you to apply. We’re run out of a small and friendly office in San Francisco’s Design District. We offer competitive salaries and health benefits.
To apply, please email email@example.com. Note the position you are applying for in the subject line and include the following:
- Conversational cover letter. Please include a short critique of our operations on timeline.com, Facebook, and Twitter.