10 quotes that will make you appreciate Technology
I know, every day the tech and innovations are changing the world, and it can make you feel like humanity is cluttered with it.
Not exactly. I used to feel overwhelmed myself, and I was spending more money on books (I still spend money on a good book), than on tech. I was never interested in the latest smartphone technology, or the most powerful laptop out there.
Today, I do web design & blogging, and I have a decent laptop that I use daily, and a decent smartphone too. I learned to appreciate tech, but not drowning in it.
Read these quotes, and look around, you’ll notice that you don’t have to use tech all the time to make you life better:
1. “Technology has changed the fan/actor interaction quite a bit. Now it is really easy to communicate with a large group of people in a really short time and that opens a lot of possibilities. You can do a lot of things with it that you couldn’t do before. It’s kind of fun to figure out how that can be employed.” — Misha Collins, Actor
2. “I think people should be able to have at their behest, like, four hours of music, entertainment, visual knowledge, different pathways. That’s what I’m trying to do with modern technology, not just another song and another song. “ — Jon Anderson, Musician
3. “I think technology has changed America, not any one organization. Technology is taking the power away from the few. There’ll be a lot more choices, and good people who are doing serious stuff will survive and there’ll be a lot more voices, and that is very healthy.” — Brian Lamb, Journalist
4. “Technology should be an important ingredient. It may be and should be a tool for social development.” — Aleksander Kwasniewski, Politician
5. “Technology, and applications of this technology, will continue to improve and evolve, providing unprecedented, global access to information, individuals, training, and opportunities.“ — Maynard Webb, Author
6. “I love using the latest technologies to make life more efficient, but I don’t want to advocate that technology replaces the need to get together and enjoy human connections with people.” — Maynard Webb, again
7. “But now with technology I could sit down and do a bunch of character drawings and scan them into a computer, and the computer using my exact style could bring it into life, where it would have been edited by various human beings before.” — Bill Griffith, Cartoonist
8. “I hated science in high school. Technology? Engineering? Math? Why would I ever need this? Little did I realize that music was also about science, technology, engineering and mathematics, all rolled into one.” — Mickey Hart, Musician
9. “Any powerful technology has sauce for the goose and the gander… It’s just an extension of humanity.” — John Perry Barlow, Poet
10. “With technology you can now be your own record company, director, producer, etc. If you have talent, you can display it on the Internet and the world will tell you their thoughts in the matter of seconds.” — Romeo Miller, Rapper
So think about it, in every step we go, there’s technology. You may ignore it, and you can make use of it, your choice.