Help me investigate the tech for social-impact sector in Berlin
This isn’t really a blog post, it’s more of a statement of intent and a request for assistance.
I’ve come to Berlin for a couple of weeks with one goal in mind: to find out what’s happening here in the world of people trying to use tech for social impact purposes. If my investigations are successful, I’m planning to write up a summary article to get some of the interesting stories out beyond the german language internet.
I need all the help I can meeting people, especially since some of the areas I’m interested in are quite outside my background experience. They include:
- Education tech
- Insurgents trying to make the german government better at digital
- Computer assisted journalism
- Tech tools specifically for local communities
- Academics and researchers who are experts in social impact tech in germany, especially relating to the really big digital successes here like Wahl-o-mat
- Funders of tech for social impact, especially people who have an overview of the field from places like the Robert Bosch Stiftung and similar.
- People who are working in Refugee Tech
- Blockchain people who are looking beyond the next cryptocurrency
- Experts in big P Political Tech for elections and campaigns
- ICT for Development
- Tech for Transparency and Accountability
- Tech for Democracy and participation
- Tech tools for activists
- Digital policy people who are developing novel tech related public policy