51 facts about me
Just a little over a year ago I wrote my first ever written piece. It is one that people still read today — and one that allowed the reader to have a sneak peak into my life. It wasn’t full of personal information, but it did contain a few personal stories.
As I was thinking about my one year anniversary, it made me realize that those of you who read my pieces or follow me social media may know of me, but not actually know me well — if at all.
So I decided to take a break from my usual hard-hitting, all-up-in-your-face, tea-serving self and give you 51 random facts about me.
So here it goes. I’ll try to keep these lighthearted and maybe even funny!
- I’m a Pepsi guy. I don’t like Coke in a can but I’ll drink it from a bottle. However, I prefer Diet Coke over Diet Pepsi… but I’d take Pepsi Max (Pepsi Zero) over any of them.
- I used to hate dogs until I got one 7 years ago.
- I plan on getting my whole body covered in tattoos.
- I have been to 23 countries and travel frequently — I have a whole Instagram account dedicated to it. (You may as well follow it.)
4,310 Followers, 3,154 Following, 427 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Make The Pin Move 📍…www.instagram.com
5. I taught myself how to swim when I was 15.
6. I first dunked on a 10' rim when I was 13.
7. I’m a Christian.
8. I’m left handed and left footed.
9. I despise the snow. After living in Colorado and Utah you may understand why.
10. I haven’t cut my hair since the 14th of January 2017.
11. I am not a DC or a Marvel fan; the whole superhero comic book phenomenon is dry to me. The only superhero films I like are the Batman’s by Christopher Nolan.
12. During college I once read the Bible, from front to back, in 90 days.
13. I had my first girlfriend at age 11.
14. I cry when I get gassed. For instance; the other day I watched a video on YouTube titled “NBA Loudest Shots and Game-Winners” and it was a compilation of the crowd erupting at huge plays like a player catching fire, or a posterizing dunk, or a game winner — I love basketball so much that I cry when I watch these videos. I am not sad, I’m just so hyped up, that the only way to release it is to cry.
15. I’m a gamer. If I’m leaving my house for a week or so and if there’s even the slightest chance I’ll get to game; I bring my Xbox One S with me.
16. I love wrestling and I watch it whenever I can. The best era ever was the 1990s. The WWE was untouchable during that decade!
17. I enjoy mixology. One day I will take a course in this. I think bar-tending would be a lot of fun.
18. I cannot draw to save my life. Here’s an attempt of me drawing Bob and Larry from Veggie Tales. Please do not ask why it looks like they’ve been smoking from a crack pipe all day.
19. I have had the same phone number since I moved to America, 10 years ago. The goal is to keep it for as long as I live here.
20. I’m a Boston Celtics fan and I have never even been to Boston.
21. I’m currently single. This is a boring fact, but a fact nonetheless.
22. My favorite type of tree is the Italian Stone Pine. The taller the better.
23. Although I was born with two, I have never had a bruised black eye.
24. I was born almost 2 months premature.
25. I think horses are weird.
26. I hate cheese, unless it’s on pizza… But I hate cheese pizza.
27. I am a fan of all things Denzel Washington.
28. I once (accidentally) cut my hair, without using a guard, and ended up looking like a Black skinhead.
29. I love flying. I fly whenever the opportunity presents itself.
30. Carrying on from fact 26, during college I caught 22 flights in one year.
31. I have a degree in Criminal Justice & Criminology.
32. I have been to 18 U.S states.
33. I have played basketball my entire life, as well as football (soccer).
34. I consider any race over 400 meters a marathon and I am certain runner’s highs do NOT exist
35. I love Sci-Fi’s, Thrillers, and Dystopian films.
36. My favorite film ever is Interstellar. People laugh when I say it changed my life — but it truly did.
37. One of my favorite books of all time is Deadline by Chris Crutcher.
38. I collected Lord of the Rings figures as a child.
39. I crashed through a neighbors back garden fence when having a bike race through an alley with my brother.
40. I also crashed into a sleek parked BMW when I was 10.
41. I was hit off my bike by a car once.
42. I have played in countless basketball games and have never been dunked on — I usually move just in time to let my teammates receive that honor.
43. I could eat White Chocolate and BBQ food all day.
44. I do not think Will Ferrell is funny. Not even a little bit.
45. I wore number 7 in high school for football (soccer) to honor David Beckham.
46. I don’t drink milk.
47. I have dreadlocks.
48. My facial hair grows at the rate of 0.0001 millimeters a decade. (Maybe that’s not entirely true).
49. I love the smell of freshly cut grass. Actual grass, not marijuana.
50. I wear a size 12 shoe. Sometimes 13 depending on the brand.
51. I am from Coventry, England. I was born and raised there. I have such a strong connection to and admiration of my hometown. There is no place like it on earth.
Done! There are 51 Facts About Me. I hope you enjoyed it!
To get to know me even better feel free to follow me on Twitter or send me an email at email@example.com. I’d be happy to connect.