Small Business Saturday is just a few days away and marks the beginning of the busy holiday season for most small businesses. Whether you’re a local brick and mortar business or an online service provider, it’s not too late to take advantage. Here are six ways to make the most out of Small Business Saturday and the rest of the holiday season.
- Be easy to find: make sure your address, contact information and holiday hours are up to date on your website and social media pages.
- Take advantage of free resources: visit the American Express Small Business Resource Center for promotion tools
- Ramp up communication: let your network know what promotions or discounts you’re running
- Test new ideas: utilize your holiday traffic to try out new products or services and see what kind of response you get
- Be available: configure your virtual phone system so that you or someone on your team can be reached
- Prepare for the inevitable: mixups are bound to happen, have a quick solution plan to make up for them
Now more than ever, people want to support small businesses for the added level of care you put into your product or service. Ensure your business makes the shopping lists by kicking off the season with a strong Small Business Saturday. By staying organized, communicating your promotions and availability and offering great service you’re sure to have the best holiday season yet.