It’s common for CrossFit affiliate owners to say that you shouldn’t expect to get rich when opening a gym. That’s really not true. If you’re fortunate, the experience will make you rich.
During the quarantine, we all heard about the scarcity of toilet paper, but, for myself, it was a scarcity of hearing your stories. Here’s some of what I heard and experienced today that was missing for three months.
- Courtney P and Kyle have joined the ranks of parents working to perfect the ‘parking lot child transfer’. Are there best practices?
- Courtney J was excited about her experience in helping save a patient using CPR. When she got home, she drank a beer, took a nap and then came to the gym to crush workouts.
- Mick is getting a DNA test on his new dog.
- Jill went rowing in the morning while the water on the river is calm.
- Alex is going to be away for a couple weeks taking part in the Air Forces’ Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape school. Not easy stuff.
- Dino had his first cross country practice today and was excited about how CrossFit has helped him prepare. He’s excited for the season ahead.
- Just returned from vacationing at Acadia National Park, Matt and Max suggested that hiking in the mountains was easier than today’s workout.
- Mother and son, Ryan and Jen, sent me a post-workout video of themselves jumping into their pool in their workout clothes.
- Abbey got lots of pre-workout taps from the 4:30 class. Maybe patting her head as you head out for the run is considered good luck.
- I did the workout with Bion and Jodi. That was a lot of push-ups. People have often commented on my ability to ‘pace myself’ and keep moving. That’s code for slow.
- Alyssa was still pumped about doing forty-two 24” box jumps in last night’s workout.
- Anup jump-started CB’s car between rain showers.
- And the night ended with the regular DinoMax dialogue about all matters relevant to teenagers. Dino prefers a post-workout Pop-Tart and Max often goes with a gallon size bag of Goldfish.
Well, thanks for always keeping it interesting. Plus you’re pretty good at fitness, too.