Community Governance Tool — vote and feedback!
This is the first step towards community governance. At the current stage, the governance tool will use Trinity wallet and focus on promotion and content creation. In the future, more complicated governance tool incorporated with Trinity state channel technology will be applied to technology development and business cooperations.
Here we provide two proposals on the design of the first-generation governance tool. There are some differences on mechanisms between the two. Please take a look! We would love to have your comments and feedback.
Proposal 1- Voting Center
This tool is designed to encourage the participation of community members, enhance the community’s adhesion and enliven the Trinity community.
1. Trinity team initiates a content collection activity, including topics (e.g. articles, videos, etc.) and content (requirements : consistent to the topics, minimum length, minimum video duration, original content and compliance, etc.), deadline, screening time, the number of candidates ( no more than 10). Participants send these materials to the designated e-mail address for the team to review.
2. Trinity team reviews the received content and selects qualified content to participate in the vote.
3. Trinity team publishes a voting announcement, specifying the pre-registration process, the selected voting content, voting rules and deadlines, and the amount of the reward, etc.
4. Community members participate in the vote.
5. Trinity team counts the vote and announce the result by the deadline.
6. Trinity team sends reward to the content winner/winners.
1. Voters must first lock a certain amount of TNC in the wallet, for example, 10 TNC corresponds to 1 vote. More locking TNC means more voting rights. If someone locks 100 TNCs, he can cast 10 votes. Each person cannot cast more than 10 votes in a round of selection. (Locking TNC is to verify that the voter is not a robot and prevent troublemakers. At the end of each round of selection, voters are allowed to unlock and withdraw TNC, or they can keep them to the next round.)
2. Voters can vote the contents. Those who have several votes can give all votes to one content or vote for different ones. The casted vote can not be withdrawn or changed once confirmed. The voting will stop automatically by the deadline.
3. The voting data will be synchronized between the web version wallet and the app.
4. The content providers can promote and canvass in the community, but malicious attacks on other participants and their contents are not allowed. Malicious attacker will be disqualified.
5. Trinity team will announce the result and the corresponding reward.
Reward method and quota:
The reward quota depends on the number of participating projects. For example, if there are 3 participating contents, only the mostly voted one wins. If the number of participants is large, the number of winners can be increased accordingly but generally no more than three.
1. There will be an encouraging award. All the content providers selected by the Trinity team can get 500 TNC as a reward.
2. The amount of the reward will be announced in advance and confirmed in the voting result. The amount of reward is determined by the difficulty of the contents. For example, video production is more difficult than writing, so the amount of reward should be increased accordingly.
3. The amount of the reward will be determined through a special voting session, where members choose a rewarding range initiated by Trinity team.
4. All voters get 5 TNC as a reward for supporting Trinity’s community.
5. TNC-NEO will be used for the locking deposit.
The voting contents will be carried out by stages. The first phase is mainly voting the promotion, design and ideas for Trinity, and selecting the best solution. The second phase can be carried out for more in-depth analysis such as project development direction and community autonomy.
The first stage’s example：
1. Vote the best Trinity’s promotion articles, videos, memes, etc.;
2. Vote the best community promotion program;
3. Vote the best community development advice (within a certain development stage);
4. The development enthusiasts searching the bugs in the Trinity network, and vote the most profound and constructive opinions.
5. Vote best contribution community members of the season/year;
6. Vote the range of awards for all kinds of ‘the best’;
The second stage’s example：
1. Vote whether to implement community autonomy (yes/no);
2. Vote the community autonomy program (agree/disagree);
3. Vote the best advice for community autonomy programs;
4. Vote the Community Council;
5. Vote the best community administrator;
6. Vote whether Trinity should participate in an important event (yes/no)?
7. Vote the public blockchain for which Trinity should provide scaling solution after NEO and ETH.
Proposal 2- Talent Pool
To further the involvement of the community in TNC governance, Trinity’s first-generation (G1) governance tool will help users get a deeper understanding about Trinity and empower all users.
1. We will establish three content-based sections, namely Promotional and Educational Content, Promotion Design, and Seasonal Awards
2. All users can upload ideas and contents accordingly onto each section and get reward.
3. All users can evaluate each content as a way of price discovery and get reward.
1. To prevent bots and advertisers, all that want to participate in the governance system have to pledge 500 TNC (tbd) as a proof of validity in his account at the Trinity wallet.
G1 governance includes three content-based sections.
Promotional and Educational Content, including articles, visualized materials, videos, Trinity logos, etc. All contents here should be Trinity-relevant, either promotional or educational.
Promotion Design, including promotion plans for Trinity, constructive suggestions and possible solutions for Trinity promotion. Mostly voted plans and ideas will be discussed and evaluated by Trinity team.
Seasonal Awards, a place to vote for those who contribute most, i.e. ‘The Best Content of the Season’, ‘The Best Promoter of the Season’, or ‘The Funniest Videos of the Season’…
*General Rules: 1) No limit on the number of posts, but the same content from one user will be removed either by Trinity team or through downvotes by users. 2) Plagiarism is prohibited. 3)Advertisements, and violent and pornographic contents are strictly prohibited.
3. Value discovery and reward
Users will set a value for the content within a certain period. For example, readers can set a value between 1–100 (tbd) for one article in the first section after evaluating the article. After 7 days, valuation ends. The reward calculation of this article: Median value times the number of votes. So if the article has 3 votes and is given 20, 40, and 60 respectively, the total value of the reward for this author will be 40x3=120TNC. Different contents have different value range and valuation period. (How the reward is calculated should be further discussed.) Time period will be set by Trinity team according to the development stages.
To maintain a clean and healthy community, users can give a downvote to any content. For example, we can initially set 7 downvotes as the bottom line. If a content is downvoted 7 times, this content will be submitted to Trinity team for further review. Contents that violate rules will be removed. If one user publishes prohibited content three times, the user’s account will be frozen and the TNC in it will be confiscated.
*General rule: users are allowed to operate on each content only once and the operation cannot be changed after confirmation.
There will be a comment area, where users can participate in content discussion, revision and suggestion. If suggestion/revision is adopted by the author of the content, the advisor will share 3–10% of the author’s reward at the latter’s will.
Audience has a contribution credit record, which can be manifested by color lump (like github). The reward will be calculated based on their contribution, for instance, 1TNC each lump. (should be further discussed)
· Comment +1 credit
· Evaluate/Downvote +1
· Share to the social media +2
· Suggestion/Revision +1, adopted +1
1. In G1 governance, Trinity team reserves the right of content review and monitoring the system and is entitled to delete any improper content.
2. More sections will be considered among discussions, including technical development/co-working, application experience, self-governance mechanisms, committee election, scaling directions…