My Own Project Healthy Lifestyle
Recently, I have taken on a more personal project lately to change my lifestyle towards a healthier direction. I have realized that I need to make changes in both my daily physical activity, diet choices, and mindset. So, what would be the best way to approach this new project? Through ABA of course!!! I will be dedicating at least 1 story per month (or more frequently depending on thoughts and progress) to this process and changes I have made.
- Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables I eat on a daily basis.
- Decrease the amount of sugars I eat on a daily basis.
- Increase physical activity and experiencing different types of exercise (weight lifting, yoga, etc).
- Increase the amount of time per day spent focusing on mindfulness.
My Plan Of Action:
- Public Posting: I will be posting all updates and progress on a regular basis in order to help keep myself accountable.
- Data collection: I will be using a an app that will track my weight, steps, and food. I will also begin graphing this data as far as steps taken and weight. I have also downloaded an additional app to use on a daily basis for meditation and mindfulness.
- Competing Contingencies: I will take baseline data for the distance traveled during a 30 minute workout on treadmill or elliptical. I then plan on trying to increase the distance within the same amount of time.
“I am looking for ideas for different motivators as well as ideas for maintaining my motivation.”
This is one area that I struggle. I have had a hard time in the past with follow through and sticking with new workout routines for longer than a month or so.
I am looking for ideas for different motivators as well as ideas for maintaining my motivation.