11 Online Video Facts You Need To Know
Video is increasingly becoming a central part of our everyday communication, and it is becoming more visible as people share it on social networks. Everyday people make and share million of videos to tell stories about their personal lives or express their views. Meanwhile, video-commenting has become a core component of viral pop-culture: the success of “React to Short Viral Videos”, “The People’s Couch” or Twitch.tv phenomena illustrates accurately this pattern.
- Online video audiences are expected to double in 2016, reaching 1.5 billion globally (Cisco)
- 74% of all internet traffic will be video (Syndacast)
- 33% of tablet owners watch one hour of video per day on their device (ReelSEO)
- 47% of adult internet users share “visuals” they have discovered online (PEW Research)
- In 2014, the average US consumer spent 24 minutes a day watching online video, more time than any other digital media activity except social media and email. (eMarketer)
- Online video reaches 60% of the US population. (MediaPost)
- 65% of video viewers watch more than 3⁄4 of a video. (ReelSEO)
- Over 50% of 25–54 year olds share videos online. (eMarketer)
- Mobile video viewers watch more frequently from video apps than from the mobile web (eMarketer)
- 25.7% of all tablet video views occur between 8PM and 12am (StreamingMedia)
- Facebook gets 3 billion videos viewed daily, with 65 percent of those views coming from mobile devices.
The way of communicating is changing from a text-based to a visual-based web […] It’s about giving people the tools that stimulate their creativity” Kevin Systrom — CEO Instagram
Video creation and sharing depend on the ability to create original video content but also on the ability to easily use and circulate existing video content and this is exactly why we’re building Twicer.