What’s That White Stuff Is It Dandruff?
Dandruff is a shedding of the skin on the scalp that leads to white flakes on the head, neck and shoulders. What causes dandruff? Dandruff can be caused by a skin condition called eczema, which causes increased shedding of normal scalp skin and the use of commercial shampoos which contain “detergent” ingredients that will dry your scalp. One of the most dangerous chemicals being added to virtually every personal care product you can imagine, including soap, shampoo, conditioner and cosmetics, is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). It is an anionic surfactant and is commonly used in car soaps, garage floor cleaners, engine degreasers and personal care products.Dandruff can also be caused by a fungal infection. Hormonal or seasonal changes may make dandruff worse.
These are some of the side effects:
- eye skin and mouth irritation
2. membrane alterations
3. may be harmful for the brain, heart, spleen and liver
4. chronic irritant contact dermatitis
5. compromising the overall integrity of your skin barrier, rendering it open to exposure to bacteria
6. May actually harm cell function
7. can corrode the fair follicle and cause hair loss
To combat dandruff, use my handmade and natural shampoo bar that contains: olive oil (it’s a perfect moisturizer and helps to condition your hair), coconut oil (soothes skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis) vegetable / soy oil (contains vitamins, include vitamin E and cleanses particles that are responsible for dandruff irritation and hair loss).