Information for local service providers— The DACA Renewal Fund
Together with its strategic partners, The United We Dream Network has launched The Renewal Fund: an urgent opportunity to directly support DACA recipients’ renewal efforts. Every dollar raised will go directly to renewal fees for eligible DACA recipients. More detail can be found HERE.
WHERE YOU COME IN: UWD will connect local partners that are ALREADY serving DACA Recipients with funding to cover the renewal fees of DACA recipients.
HOW IT WORKS: An application is available HERE. You can fill it out to ensure that you meet the criteria that UWD has established including the ability to:
· Provide a w-9 to verify your organizational status
· Support DACA recipients and certify their income to demonstrate critical need for financial support
· Receive funds by wire and generate money orders made out to the Department of Homeland Security in the amount of $495 to provide to DACA recipients before October 5th
· Report back to UWD on the results of your work
· Applications will be accepted until 7:00 PM EST Tuesday, September 19th.
· Strategic partners will be selected by Wednesday, September 20th.
· Strategic partners will join a launch call on Thursday, September 21st at 3:00 PM EST.
· Strategic partners will sign grant agreements by Friday, September 22nd
· Funds will be disbursed to strategic partners on Monday, September 25th
· Strategic partners will generate money orders made out to the Department of Homeland Security in the amount of $495 and distribute to DACA recipients before October 5th
· Reports will be due to United We Dream on Monday, October 16th