Catch the perfect sunset at these national wildlife refuges located in California, Nevada, Klamath Basin
Honoring our love for the outdoors and prime visual content, we pulled together nine locations with the most picturesque sunsets.
1. Colusa National Wildlife Refuge, California
Hunny, these gold highlights are E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
2. Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, Nevada
Yes, that is a double rainbow over the Crystal Reservoir! #nofilter
3. Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge, Klamath Basin
Who doesn’t love seeing purples, oranges and yellows all in one setting?
4. San Diego National Wildlife Refuge Complex, California
Acrylic painting much?
5. Stillwater National Wildlife Refuge, Nevada
Because mountain range sunset backgrounds are underrated.
6. Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge, California
That contrast, though.
7. Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Nevada
Cue “Reflections” by Mulan.
8. Klamath Marsh National Wildlife Refuge, Klamath Basin
Snowy landscape sunset because why not?
9. Sonny Bono Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge, California
A sunset serving desert vibes.
For a complete list of refuges in the Pacific Southwest Region, including maps and directions, see: https://www.fws.gov/cno/refugeprogram/.
By Rebecca Fabbri, Public Affairs Specialist, USFWS Pacific Southwest Region