Unshackled Ventures is the first and only pre-seed venture fund designed for immigrant-founded startups. The fund provides investment capital, along with full immigration support, including visa sponsorship and employment, and plugging portfolio founders into the VC ecosystem. We are a team of four based in San Francisco, CA investing out of our 2nd fund of $20M.
We are excited to add a new full-time member to our investment team. The Analyst will be responsible for engaging in a variety of investment-related activities, including evaluating investment opportunities and deep dives into new topic areas. The Analyst will also play a critical role in the operations of the firm, help us manage the day-to-day activities (including operations, marketing, and some fund administration) and work on building out our platform. We anticipate this to be a two-year commitment. We have designed this role to be a differentiating experience to launch yourself into business school, entrepreneurship, or investing.
- You should thrive in a very small and intensely collaborative team environment while also being self-directed and operate with a strong sense of agency.
- Deep intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and excel in an unstructured environment
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship or start-ups
- The ideal candidate will have a balance of creativity and deep analytical rigor along with a passion for the technology startup ecosystem and markets.
- Recent graduate or no more than 2 years of work experience, this is an entry-level position
- Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Remote or San Francisco, CA
Timeline: Start date Q1, 2020.
Deadline: September 30th, 2019.
How to Apply:
We will ask of your resume, writing samples and 2 companies you would recommend the Unshackled team takes a look at. You can submit application here.