25 things I learned After 25 Years of Life
Hi, Mina Salib again, founder of Usspire. Before I start this list I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your support this past year. You are the reason why this past year has been the most impactful, and gratifying year of my life. Thank you for all the support, kind words, inspiration, opportunities, for simply being a part of this journey.
With that being said, here are the 25 things I learned after being blessed enough to live on this earth for 25 years.
- God is good all the time. (No matter how situations, plans, or relationships turn out, God always comes through.)
- Drop everything for family and friends when they need you.
- Those same people are all human, and you are to treat them as such. Meaning they make mistakes, have internal conflicts, have wants and ambitions which may not align with yours, which is fine. Love them for their imperfections.
- Underestimate no one.
- Never judge a person by their exterior.
- Lead to show others its possible.
- Life is nothing without purpose.
- Stand up for your convictions.
- Only ask others to do something you would do, or have done yourself.
- “Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger” James 1:19
- Forgive when people ask for forgiveness.
- Give people the benefit of the doubt.
- Sacrifice always pays off.
- Max out every talent and blessing everyday.
- Work for what you want, and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something.
- Give without expectation.
- “Be the change you want to see in the world” — Mahatma Gandhi
- Balance is everything.
- You are who your friends are.
- Don’t surround yourself with cheerleaders. Surround yourself with real supporters who will call you out when you need it.
- Focus is key.
- Let it go”- Frozen
- Be who you are, around everyone.
- Be genuinely happy when others succeed.
- Nothing lasts forever; pain, fleeting happiness, immediate glory, is all temporary. The only thing that lasts forever is your character, and the life you lead
And a bonus for if I am blessed to have another year,
26. Love conquers all. All things can be solved through sacrifice and love.
Your fellow human being.