1. About this Applicants Policy
We believe in protecting the privacy of the personal data you provide to us.
Following the submission of your application, the information you have sent to us can be made available to VEONs HR teams worldwide for the purposes described below. A list of the members of the VEON group that can have access to and may process your personal data in accordance with this Applicants Policy will be provided by VEON upon request.
2. Data we collect and use
We may collect and use the following personal data about you:
· name and contact information (such as address, e-mail address, phone number and other contact information);
· experience information (such as education, skills, work experience and/or CVs, employee records and appraisals);
· education certificates;
· information from interviews and phone screenings;
· demographic information (such as date of birth, gender, nationality disability status);
· and other information necessary for making a recruitment decision such as but not limited to interview feedback and information regarding negotiations,
all such data hereinafter jointly referred to as “Application Data”.
3. Purposes of collecting and using your Application Data
We collect and use Application Data for the following purposes:
1. determining your qualifications for employment and reaching a recruitment decision;
2. evaluating your suitability for other employment vacancies;
3. verifying Application Data and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable);
4. informing you, via e-mail, SMS or otherwise about the progress of your application for employment with VEON;
5. Where requested by the applicant, assisting him/her with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
6. protecting our rights and fulfilling our legal obligations; and
7. informing you, via e-mail, SMS or otherwise about other local or global vacancies at VEON that we consider you suitable to make an application of employment for.
Should your application for employment be successful, your Application Data may be processed for the necessary employment purposes and included in your employment file.
We do not collect or use the Application Data you submit for other purposes than as indicated above.
4. Sharing information
As described above, VEON employees around the world may have access to your Application Data, such on a need- to-know base only in so far this is necessary for the purposes of collecting and using your Application Data in accordance with this Applicants Policy. This means that HR staff may have access to your Application Data and if you have been shortlisted for a vacancy then your information will also be shared with the selection team for this vacancy.
Your personal data will be used solely by or for VEON. Note that your data may be disclosed to a third party service providers we engage for the purposes described above. VEON requires these companies to adequately safeguard your personal data and not use it for unauthorized purposes.
VEON entities and third party service providers that use Application Data may be vested in territories where the laws do not offer a level of protection for Application Data equivalent to the law which applies in your jurisdiction. VEON will ensure that such international data transfers are in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
5. How long will VEON keep Application Data?
For the duration of your candidate profile being active, you will be informed by us about such employment vacancies that we consider you suitable to apply for and your Application Data will remain stored in our databases until the earlier of you deleting your candidate profile, or 24 months following the end of the recruitment process for the purposes as described above (36 months if you reside in the United States of America) unless we are required by law to store such data for a longer period.
If your application for employment was successful, your Application Data may however be processed for and included in your employment file.
6. Securing your data
We recognize our responsibility to protect the information you entrust to us. VEON has taken technical, physical and organizational measures in order to protect Application Data in its custody or control from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, copying, accidental or unlawful destruction and any other unlawful forms of using.
7. Your rights
You will be able to access, to change, rectify, restrict, port and/or to remove the information you provided. If you would like to change or remove your information from the database for any reason, or no longer be updated about future vacancies, you can do so by logging on to this website and update or remove your profile. For these and other requests you may contact us by sending an e-mail to the following address: [firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com]
8. Further information/contacting us
The data controllers with respect to your application data are VEON Amsterdam B.V., Claude Debussylaan 88, 1082 MD Amsterdam, the Netherlands and the local VEON entity where you apply. The full contract details of that local VEON entity and of the VEON entities that may process your Application Data in accordance with this Applicants Policy can be found here.