Things to Know About LEDs
For those who keep wondering what’s the abbreviation LED stands for, it’s Light Emitting Diode, a solid-state object that controls electrical current without wire filaments. Basically, it is a semiconductor device which allows a spectrum of light to pass through it by illuminating the photons. Since there’s no electrical wire included in the operation, LEDs tend to have reliable and longer life than those traditional light bulbs. In recent past decades, LEDs used to be only miniature light which were mostly used for either indications or display boards or for decoration purposes, since the can emit a variety of colors. With the passage of time and advancing technology, LEDs made their way to bulbs.
Just like the traditional bulbs, they could be used to light a room or, when used in a large numbers, can illuminate a hall, though they’re way different than those traditional fluorescent or incandescent bulbs. So what are the factors that define the difference? Let’s have a look:
1) LED bulbs don’t make use of any filament to illuminate but totally works on the photons emitted by the diode.
2) Since there’s no filament, unlike incandescent bulbs, they don’t get heated when used for long durations.
3) They tend to use much lesser energy than those traditional bulbs and thus saving the user from sky high electricity bills.
4) They are the one time investments since they have a longer life than the usual bulbs, approx. 4–5 years.
5) LED bulbs are eco-friendly in nature since they don’t use any harmful gases.
And the list could go on but the advantages are numerous.
Apart from the advantages, these LEDs have brought an evolution in lighting industry and changed the way we used to look at the lights around us. Due to their advantages, they’re suitable to use in many applications including:
1) LED floodlight
2) LED Panel
3) LED Highbay
4) LED Tube
5) LED Bulb
6) LED Floodlight
7) LED Track
8) LED Downlight
9) LED Streetlight
From as simple as the TV remote to interior deigning lights, LEDs have made their way to various applications not just lighting the areas but also get them designed according to the need. Since these LEDs offer much more luminescence value than those traditional bulbs, that too at such less energy consumption, they have become the priority choice for many. SO from saving energy to reducing your expenses, these LEDs would make a perfect choice, if you’re planning to switch. Just run a market research for brands, pricing and warranty etc. prior to landing any decision and you’re good to go.
For more information please visit www.vtacexports.com