VIULY have an important announcement to make so please read carefully if you are holding VIU tokens, be it on an exchange, your personal wallet or on the platform.
As you may know, we have never conducted an ICO and instead opted for one of the first and largest Airdrops on the Ethereum blockchain. The distribution took place in December 2017, during which 500’000’000 VIU tokens were airdropped to over 900’000 Ethereum wallets.
Airdrop was part of our marketing campaign that attracted a large number of new users, who in turn, successfully onboarded on Viuly, whilst raising VIU token to first position among other ETH20 tokens in terms of operations count.
Nevertheless, an Airdrop of such scale came at a cost. A large part of distributed tokens was never used by inactive wallet owners (because of lost private keys and a multitude of other reasons) and perhaps will never be used again. This in turn affects statistics and Circulating Supply of VIU token on crypto database platforms like Coinmarketcap and others, which gives out wrong signals to prospective investors, exchanges and general prospective token audience.
This is why, WE ARE CHANGING THE SMART CONTRACT ADDRESS FOR VIU TOKEN!
Such change is aimed to show realistic statistics information of VIU token and most importantly, eliminates dead tokens from circulation.
All VIU token holders can exchange their tokens to a new token via page called SWAP on Viuly.io. New token will keep the same name and same functions of our first VIU token.
Existing VIU token will be cancelled in a month’s time on 1st November 2018.
We truly believe that this is a change for good, so please don’t forget to exchange your tokens to a new token in time before the deadline.
Further instructions can be found by following this link: https://app.viuly.io
New smart contract:
Instructions on how to change your tokens that are not held in your viuly.io platform wallet:
1. Enable Metamask. Must be linked to your external wallet.
2. Go to https://app.viuly.io
3. Input a total amount of VIU tokens you want to change to a new smart contract VIU token and click on ‘Make Allowance’ button
4. Input an Ethereum wallet address where you want to receive your new VIU tokens (our system will automatically paste the address where you send the old tokens from but if you want to receiver new tokens to your new wallet, it can be done by doing this step). Then click ‘Swap’ button.
5. Done! You are now a proud owner of new version of a VIU token!
-Tokens held on Viuly.io will be automatically changed to new version on 1st of November 2018.
- Tokens that are kept outside of Viuly.io must be changed as per instruction above.
Yours, Team Viuly!