Commuting by bike is increasing, and with Volata it will be even more
Bike commuting keeps rising at a striking pace, and The League of American Bicyclists’ latest analysis clearly confirms it.
Since 1880, the Bike League represents American cyclists “in the movement to create safer roads, stronger communities, and a bicycle-friendly America”. A considerable part of their work also comprehends analysis and researches presentations, which aim to give a clearer vision of the impact that bicycles have across the country.
Their latest report “Where We Ride” provides us with some meaningful insights on the Americans’ different transportation choices, as well as cities in the U.S. that are most bicycle commuter friendly.
Here the complete analysis. Below, some key points:
- From 2000 to 2014, bicycle commuting has seen 62% growth nationwide
- In 2014, the U.S. bike commuters totaled more than 904,000
- In 2014, the city with the highest percentage of residents biking to work was Davis, CA (23.2%)
- Among the top 10 cities with the highest share of bike-riders, 5 are in California — due to its many college towns, which — in recent years — have strongly invested in extensive bike infrastructure
- Cities like Detroit, Portland, and Pittsburgh have all scored over 300% in growth from 2000 to 2014
Check the top 10 cities with highest share of cyclists.
As we can notice in the report, cities which have invested the most in infrastructure to support sustainable mobility are the ones now presenting the best results in terms of commuting. Moreover, an extensive cycling infrastructure is now a primary need for the “the twenty-first century citizen.” As the means by which it moves are.
We strongly believe that bicycles are the best and the most sustainable way to get around the city. Yet, for us, this is not enough. In fact, with Volata, we want to change the commuting cyclist’s riding experience, and change it radically.
We are confident that the bicycle market, as well as their daily usage, will continue to increase. This is why we’re putting all of our passion and strength into this project: with Volata we want to actively contribute, and be among the main actors, of this stunning growth.
Here below you can see us at work, from the idea into implementation, through the welding, up to our first Alpha Prototype.
With Volata you will never commute like before — this is our promise!
P.s. If you liked this post, recommend it! You will make us happy :-)