At CBS — Les Makes More While We Make Less
Top CBS Execs Earned $117.5M In Compensation in 2016
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- CBS provided $117.5 Million in Executive Compensation in 2016. But only FIVE top executives at CBS benefited from these packages.
- 2016 Cash Bonuses For theTop 5 CBS Executives totaled $52.7 Million
- CBS CEO Leslie Mooves’ compensation was UP 22.5% from 2015.
- CBS’ Executive Compensation in 2016 was UP 19% from 2015.
- Meanwhile, earnings for TV Writer-Producers are DOWN 25%, based on median earnings from 2013–2014 to 2015–2016, according to the WGA.
- The WGA’s Financial Asks from the “Big Six” Media Companies are estimated to total $117 Million Per Year. ( The “Big Six” companies are CBS, Comcast, Disney, Fox, TimeWarner, & Viacom)
- Collectively these “Bix Six” Media Companies provided approximately $725 Million in Executive Compensation in 2016. Only 33 individuals benefited from these compensation packages.
- The Writers Guild of America has about 12,000 members. The guild is seeking Fair Pay & Benefits in its negotiations against the AMPTP, the trade association that represents these “Big Six” media companies.
For More Details on CBS’ Executive Compensation, please check out this Executive Compensation table pulled from the company’s own S.E.C. filings: