Fox: The Murdochs Keep It All In the Family
Three Murdochs Together Earned $84.7M In Executive Compensation In 2016
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- 21st Century Fox provided $126 Million in Executive Compensation in 2016. But only FIVE top executives benefited from these packages.
- Of these five executives, THREE are Murdochs — Rupert, Lachlan & James. Together, the Murdochs received $84.7 Million in compensation.
- For four of the five top execs, compensation was UP 37.5% from 2015. [Lachlan Murdoch’s compensation figures are only available for 2016.]
- Meanwhile, earnings for TV Writer-Producers are DOWN 25%, based on median earnings from 2013–2014 to 2015–2016, according to the WGA.
- The WGA’s Financial Asks from the “Big Six” Media Companies are estimated to total $117 Million Per Year. ( The “Big Six” companies are CBS, Comcast, Disney, Fox, TimeWarner, & Viacom)
- Collectively these “Bix Six” Media Companies provided approximately $725 Million in Executive Compensation in 2016. Only 33 individuals benefited from these compensation packages.
- The Writers Guild of America has about 12,000 members. The guild is seeking Fair Pay & Benefits in its negotiations against the AMPTP, the trade association that represents these “Big Six” media companies.
For More Details on Fox’s Executive Compensation, please check out this Executive Compensation table pulled from the company’s own S.E.C. filings: