Benefits of Eucalyptus Flooring
Eucalyptus flooring looks rich, contemporary and beautiful. The floor is also very durable compared to many other types, and suits kitchen and other high-traffic areas such as living rooms.
Eucalyptus Flooring is a great option when you are considering green flooring. However, there are many species to go for: eucalyptus has more than 700 different species from which to choose. Here are some of the benefits of Eucalyptus flooring for those considering Sacramento flooring installation.
1. Eco-friendly: Eucalyptus is considered a rapidly renewable hardwood because, unlike other traditional hardwoods that take even up to 100 years to grow to the harvesting maturity, it can take only 3 to 4 years to mature to the point of harvesting. It can also regrow within 3 to 4 years to the point of harvesting and to achieve the right hardness. A rapidly renewable material should be harvested within 10 years or less. The short period of growing to maturity means they use less water, fertilizer, and other feedstock before the targeted benefits are gotten.
That said, it is a great option for those who care for the environment.
2. Durable: Even within the hardwood options available for those looking for Sacramento flooring installation, Eucalyptus is more durable. For instance, it is much harder than many types of red oak and the hard surface will therefore not degrade quickly. It is also much more dent resistant compared to other flooring options.
3. Ability to re-sand and refinish: You can also re-sand and refinish the solid boards of Eucalyptus. This extends the durability and also makes it possible to improve appearance over time.
4. It is moisture-resistant: This is a great thing for those who live in humid climates because Eucalyptus won’t degrade easily when exposed to moisture.
5. Affordable: Some people think Eucalyptus is expensive and unaffordable, which is untrue. In fact, it is half the cost of other traditional wood flooring options. You can also install it on your own thus making huge savings in overall costs.
6. Easy to maintain: You can maintain this type of flooring by simple vacuuming or sweeping on a regular basis and you will be good to go. Use a dry towel or dry mop and soak up spills immediately.