Eat Healthy, Live Healthy — My Healthy Journey
“It took me a while to get over FFE - (Fast Food Everyday)!”
Before I decided to start my healthy journey I had made a couple of failed attempts. I exercised once in a while and I had cheats day… every other day.😂 At some point It started to take a toll on me — I was tired all the time and I generally felt like my body wasn’t performing at 100%. This is when I made the serious decision to change my lifestyle. Healthy life, happy life! Read on to learn more about my healthy journey.
1. When did you decide to start a healthy journey?
· November 2016
2. Which changes did you have to make to your lifestyle?
· Reduce eating junk and sugary foods
· Eat more vegetables and drink lots of water
· Control my food portions especially carbs (rice, Chapati, ugali)
· Started walking more, like I’d alight a stage/distance before home and walk. I’d also walk around in the office, just to keep the body moving.
· Joined the gym
· Started cooking at home instead of ordering takeout
· Less alcohol intake
3. What difficulty/challenges did you face?
· Temptations from colleagues/family
· I fell off several times like I didn’t go the gym every time, I’d find myself eating junk
4. How would you describe your healthy lifestyle as per now?
· Healthier diet-more vegetables less starch
· Reduced sugar in take
· Gym 4 times a week
· Outdoor activities
· Walking more
5. Which tips would you give someone looking to join the healthy squad?
· If you fail sometime it is okay, just get back at it (Missing gym)
· Don’t have crazy expectations. It’s a lifestyle change, takes time and patience
· Don’t compare yourself with anyone, we are different
· Know your limits (diet, working out etc.)
· Join fitness groups for fitness tips and accountability (e.g. operation Loose that potbelly on Facebook)
· Learn to be self-motivated and encourage yourself. Celebrate the 2 inches on 2kgs you lose. It shows progress
· No shortcuts e.g. pills, slimming teas
Eager to learn more from Carol? Watch out for part 2 and while you wait… share with us the challenges you have faced during your healthy journey for a chance to WIN a hamper!