Braid Contribution Instructions
To participate in the Braid Token Sale, you will need either a MetaMask wallet or a Lightwallet. MetaMask is a Chrome extension that will store all your cryptoassets, including your Ether and Braid Tokens.
Unfortunately, if you are a US citizen, or are currently physically located in the US, you cannot contribute to the campaign due to legal restrictions.
- To start, you will need to buy Ether (ETH) from a cryptocurrency exchange, or convert other types of cryptocurrnecies into Ether
Account Setup (Recommended):
- If you are using Metamask, you will need Chrome installed
- Download the Metamask extension
- Transfer the Ether you bought to your MetaMask account by copying your MetaMask address (see below), and using it as your “To” address from your cryptocurrency exchange
Account Setup (Alternative):
- Alternatively, you can use a Lightwallet. Navigate to https://campaign.braidthemovie.com/. Click on the “Contribute” button, then “Get Started”, and then “New Wallet”.
- Move your mouse randomly to generate a private key. Copy down, and confirm your Seed Phrase. Enter a strong password to encrypt the wallet. Remember to keep back ups of the Seed Phrase and the password. Losing both could result in an irreversible loss of funds. Download the encrypted wallet and keep it in a safe place.
- Transfer your Ether to your Lightwallet account
- Navigate to https://campaign.braidthemovie.com/ and click on the “Contribute” button
- Select “MetaMask” or “Lightwallet” account that you have set up in the previous phase
- . If you’re using MetaMask, make sure you’re on the “Ethereum Main Net”, and your wallet is unlocked
- Fill in your personal details including your name, your email, and your location. Agree that you are not a US citizen, and click “Verify”
- Select the contribution amount using the slider. Read over the investment agreement, and check the box that you agree to the terms of the agreement
- Click sign agreement. A popup should appear prompting for approval. Click sign
- Review the details of your contribution. If it is correct, click “Make Contribution”. A popup should appear prompting for approval. Click Accept.
- Wait for the transaction to be processed by the blockchain. This may take up to a couple of minutes. Don’t refresh or leave the page!
- Print receipt
- Come back to the account page on Wed Jun 21 2017 12:00 to claim your tokens
Originally published at medium.com on June 9, 2017.