5 Things You Need To Know Right Now
Simple Truths To Change Your Life
Life is not easy. There are so many negative forces against us on a daily basis it can be hard to see straight at times. However, it’s important to remember that even though everything in our lives may be completely crazy, there is an all powerful force fighting for us. Despite our temporary troubles, life is nothing short of beautiful.
Below are 5 things that have helped me respond to life in a way that allows me to find the beauty and gold in the situations that I’m presented with and the people I find myself surrounded by…
1.) It’s incredibly difficult to treat someone better than you treat yourself.
- If you can’t find worth in yourself, you’ll find it very hard to locate in much anywhere else you look.
- If you have a heart filled with bitterness towards yourself, then you’ll have a tendency to reject others who would want to do good for you. You’ll pull away from anything you find yourself unworthy of.
- Loving yourself and being happy with who you are allows you to pour out into the world around you. You’ll affect the people you connect with and even the people you never speak a word to.
2.) Fear is always lying. — How would you handle a friend who lies to you as much as your fears do?
- Fear is nothing but a lie. When you begin to agree with that lie then it has power over the situation. You cannot do what it is that you believe you’re incapable of doing. Choose to align you’re mind with Truth.
- Also, I don’t know about you, but If i had a friend like that we’d be having a serious conversation. Major boundaries would be set in place and I definitely would not be putting my trust in them.
3.) Do not allow un-forgiveness in your life. It will kill you.
- Fact: No one likes a Negative-Nancy. More importantly Nancy is only negative because bitterness has entered her heart. And the root of all bitterness is un-forgiveness. See a connection here? Holding a grudge just gets progressively worse. Let it go. #ElsaSwag
- In today’s world everyone is offended over some nonsense but the truth is that offense has never been ours to grasp hold of. Sometimes that means getting in your own face and asking a tough question. Who exactly is it that you think you are? Unless you created the universe, I believe with utmost respect it is not your place to be offended with anyone. It’s just like the old cliché says “it’s like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.”
- You choose to be offended or you choose not to be offended. This little nugget in itself is really powerful.
4.) Freedom begins when we stop being impressed with the size of our problems.
- I’m not saying to not care, or leave them unresolved. Just don’t be impressed with how big or awful something may seem. Whether it’s a bad habit your trying to kick or a problem at work… focusing on how negative the issue is will not help.
- Instead, shift your focus to how faithful God is. Doing so will allow you to free yourself from the excess stress of dealing with the unfortunate by remembering the good and counting your blessings.
5.) You are not subject to the negativity around you. What is around you is subject to the positivity within you!
- Let that sink in for a moment. Are you going to let the circumstance around you dictate your perspective on life? How you approach things?
- Some people don’t realize the power they carry. A simple smile can save a life. I don’t say that to be dramatic, it’s just… you never truly know what someone is going through. Whenever you’re faced with harsh negativity just remember how you respond, is up to you.
- The Bible puts it this way: “Greater is He who is living in me, than he who is living in the world.” As a Christian, you literally change the atmosphere around you everyday. Don’t be afraid to love on people regardless of their response.
So there you have it, 5 things that truly help make a difference in my life. Now I’m not perfect and these aren’t “rules” by any means. I do, however, choose to sign back up everyday no matter how the previous day went. I believe these simple truths can help you no matter where you may find yourself on your walk… And where ever that is, I hope you’re smiling!