We love photos. We Love Instagram. We love photos of Whitstable on Instagram! We’re also hugely curious find out what you love best about this wonderful seaside town, what is the thing that sums it for you? So we’re launching this competition to find out….
It’s easy to enter. Simply….
- Follow @whitcottageco on Instagram
- Post a picture (to your feed) that best sums up your Whitstable holiday.
- Mention us — @whitcottageco — in the comments when you post and use #YourWhitstable. *NB you’ll need to set your account to ‘public’ for us to be able to see this. You can always set back to private later…
- The competition is open 1st May — 15th June.
- We will be pick a winner by 9pm Friday 23rd June, judging our favourite photo, and contact you by commenting on your post.*see below for more detail.
- The winner will then have to reply stating they would like to accept the prize by 6pm Wed 28th June.
The prize for the winner will be a hamper of glorious local produce, selected by ourselves worth at least £50.00. Kent is of course home to many wonderful home-produced products and Whitstable has some of its very own also, so we’ll be picking a selection of the best to send you. Check out our socials for pictures — to follow soon ! Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
You must be 18+ to enter & have an Instagram account. Open to residents of UK (for the avoidance of doubt, residents of Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are included). Residents of the Republic of Ireland are excluded.
Winner Selection and Notification:
One winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries following the closing date. The Whitstable Cottage Company team will pick their favourite image by 9pm on Friday 23rd June.
The winner will be contacted via a comment on their original Instagram post. The winner will then have to reply stating they would like to accept the prize by 6pm Wed 28th June. If no response is received by the Whitstable Cottage Company Instagram page by this time then the prize shall be forfeit and Whitstable Cottage Company reserves the right to award the prize to a substitute winner. Whitstable Cottage Company shall have no liability in respect of the entry initially selected. Whitstable Cottage Company decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The prize will be posted by 1st class recorded post to the address that winner provides.
No social media website (Instagram, Twitter or Facebook etc.) are sponsors of the Promotion and have no responsibility or liability regarding the conduct or administration of the Promotion.
Full Terms & Conditions for #YourWhitstable photo competition.
1. The Whitstable Cottage Company #YourWhitstable Competition promotion (the Promotion) is open to UK residents only, aged 18 and over, except employees of The Whitstable Cottage Company (the Promoter), their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
2. To take part in the Promotion simply log in to your Instagram account, follow @whitcottageco , post a picture that sums up ‘Your Whitstable’, mention @whitcottageco in the comment and use #YourWhitstable. *NB you’ll need to set your account to ‘public’ for us to be able to see this. You can always set back to private later…
3. For purposes of this Promotion, an entry is received when the Participant follows @whitcottage Instagram account, posts a photo of Whitstable mentioning @whitcottageco and using the #YourWhitstable. The account must be set to public for us to receive this and count as an entry.
4. The Participants have the chance to win one hamper of local Kent produce selected by the Whitstable Cottage Company staff. The competition closes on Thursday 15th June at 9.00pm (UK time).
5. No purchase necessary.
6. The competition will run from 09.00 (UK time) on 1st May 2017 until 15th June at 21.00 (UK time). In this instance, the period from 09.00 (UK time) on 1st May 2017 until 15th June at 21.00 (UK time) inclusive, will be known as the “Promotion Period”. Any entries outside the Promotion Period will not be counted.
7. One prize winner will be selected at random for all the entries received.
8. The decision of the Promoter in relation to the Promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. No information regarding entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Promotion.
10. The winner of the Whitstable Cottage Company #YourWhitstable competition will be contacted by 21.00 (UK time) on Friday 23rd June 2017.
11. Winners must respond to notification of their prize and share the address they wish the prize to be sent to by 18.00 (UK time) on Wednesday 28th June 2017 otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the Promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize(s).
13. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computers will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Any entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. Any entries containing offensive or inappropriate content will be removed.
14. By entering, Participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
15. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this Promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
18. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete or fail to arrive by the closing date.
19. These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
20. The Promoter of the Promotion is The Whitstable Cottage Company Ltd.