Mining Achievable by the Masses: A Review of MinerGate’s Revolutionary Altcoin Mining Software
MinerGate.com is a multi-currency mining pool, which formed in 2014 by a group of cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Although this mining pool had its beginnings rooted in the mining of Bitcoin, today MinerGate provides free mining software and opportunities for Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin, CryptoNote, Monero, Bytecoin, DuckNote, MonetaVerde, Aeon, Dashcoin, and many other altcoins.
To see how it all began, you can read the historical announcement made by MinerGate on the BitcoinTalk.org forum located here:
The primary realization that led MinerGate to its recent success was the adaptability of CPU mining. By integrating the classic CPU mining systems into the complicated modern GPU systems, MinerGate was able to release software that was simple enough and lightweight enough for just about anyone to successfully install and use while still maintaining the high performing options and capabilities of the modern mining systems.
MinerGate has three main types of free mining software:
Graphical User Interface
Available on Windows and Mac
Available on Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu
Available on Android
MinerGate also offers an admin version of the mining software for Windows. The Admin edition miner allows one to launch the application on several computers in background mode. You can grab any of these pieces of software by visiting the MinerGate Downloads page.
Key features of the MinerGate software:
- One click GUI mining (no configurations or tutorials required)
- Smart Mining (automatic mining of the most profitable currency)
- Variable difficulty (effective optimization for any user PC)
- Effective CPU-mining
- Easy withdrawal of mined coins
- All popular operating systems supported: Windows, Mac, Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.)
- All types of processors supported: CPU, GPU, ASIC
- 3rd party miners supported
- Mining profitability calculator
- Direct transfers to exchange
- Network Fee can be set manually
- 2 Factor Authentication
- Charts — difficulty, network hashrate, coins in circulation, block reward, etc
Get the version compatible with your device at the MinerGate Downloads page
Originally published at knowledge.willinspire.us on August 21, 2016.