WW Maker Bytes — Issue 134
We are building features for the Women Who Code community and we want to highlight that work with our stakeholders, you! THANK YOU to our contributors for dedicating their valuable time to help us build tech a place where women can excel.
You can follow all of our work on github. Below are a few snippets of our awesome features.
We made a ton of great improvements during this week’s sprint. Projects included making improvements and applying fixes to the job board, building out the Network pages feature, and a number of back-end development improvements to help ensure the stability of the entire environment.
Disabling Double Click on Job Plan Purchase Buttons
- This resolves an error that was occurring, where customers who double clicked the submit button when purchasing job posts were being billed twice.
Hide Salary if Max and Min Both 0
- Added display logic to JobSalaryDisplay component, which hides the salary if both the minimum and maximum salary is set to 0.
Random Time-Related Spec Failure
- The RSpec test located at spec/helpers/network_events_helper_spec.rb:57 is failing on some builds, but succeeding on others. We determined where it was failing and implemented a fix.
Better Error Handling on Jobs Controller
- When a user tries to access a job which is no longer published, has an invalid id param, or has an invalid url format, they are redirected to the jobs index page, rather than seeing an error 404 page.
Soft Delete Networks
- This allows an Admin to delete a Network, which removes associations while still maintaining the data in the database.
Add Open Collective Attribute to Networks
- Added an Open Collective attribute to Network pages. This is the first step in allowing Networks to collect donations through the Network specific Open Collective, from their Network pages.
- Building an ApplaudHer Form that will allow the submission of #ApplaudHers from the website, with the results displayed on Network and global pages.
Appending and Concatenating Test for ApplaudHers
- A helper format was added to the ApplaudHer description text.- An admin/applaudher index page to display the ApplaudHers for easy editing was created.
Update Pry and Set Development Timeout
- Updated the pry-rails / pry gems for good measure.- Added a longer timeout in development.
Fixing Staging Build
- This resolves the build which was broken on the staging branch due to merging multiple branches that dealt with the same feature.
Update Example Vagrant Database Password
- We updated the password for the default DB user in Vagrant.
Add Referrals to Seed Data
- We added Referral records so that we don’t have to fill out the referral form each time when testing locally and in staging.
Our repo is private, yet running under an open source license. Instead of pointing to issues and PRs, we are including a screenshot of what our weekly pulse looks like.
Existing website contributors, please check out our pulse!
Potential website contributors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your GitHub username to get started. It’s built in Ruby on Rails + React + Postgresql.
Talk to us
To submit feedback, comments or questions email email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
User Research is a Team Sport
Join our User Research Team! Be the first to check out all of the great products that we are building and have your voice heard from the earliest stages of development.
Originally published at www.womenwhocode.com on August 27, 2018.