Again I sincerely recommend that any company that can bootstrap should do so.
- Raising money takes up an enormous amount of time both in prep, trying to book meetings, and going through the process itself . Don’t forget all the other expenses of an agency or a trusted freelancer proofing your deck and the monies spent to an outside financial advisor to double check all the figures.
- You’re building this for yourself and your team to make money plain and simple. What’s the chances you’re going to sell it off? Practically zero. What to IPO? play the lottery.
- This businessis all about have a key niche market that you can make solid gross margin dollars so that everybody on the team lives really well. You’re not becoming UBER but you can pull down a killer salary.
- you avoid the advisory situation as well as the board. No answering to the money men.
- Raising money takes a huge amount of time from product development and marketing.
Bootstrap my friends — -you are far better off.