I need to make it clear once and for all.
For the umpteenth time, I need to search about capitalization rules in English for my post titles. So here I’m making notes to find them easily next time.
1. The easy way: Using tools.
I found a website that auto format titles: https://capitalizemytitle.com/
You can choose capitalization type. I personally use default one.
(If you find other websites, please share them with me)
2. The hard way: Applying rules.
Using a website is faster, but it worth time to know some basic rules too.
There are several types of capitalization, depending on what you’re writing about, for example AP (Associated Press) style is used for news.
But there are rules that are similar between the capitalization styles:
- Always capitalize first and last words.
- Capitalize nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs.
- Don’t capitalize articles, prepositions, or coordinating conjunctions.
Source of rules : yourdictionnary.com
From now on, I’ll apply rules manually, and in case of doubt, use auto tools.