Your.MD’s Top Tips to Improving Fitness
- If you are new to exercise or struggling to fit it in, try and set a time for physical activity and stick to it. You are more likely to get fit if you do it the same time every week.
- Fit exercise into your work day by walking or cycling to work or working out during lunchtime.
- When you are planning your exercise, don’t forget strength exercises. Why not try a strength and flex regime like this one: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/strength-and-flexibility/Pages/my-exercise-routine.aspx
- To help motivate you: physical activity can improve your mood, self-esteem and energy levels AND decrease your risk of diabetes, Alzheimers and heart disease.
- To ensure exercise is doing you good, make sure it raises your heart rate, makes you feel warmer and makes you breathe faster.