10 Very True and Possibly Good Reasons Not to Write Today
10. Writing books about happy, queer teens is a one-way ticket to Comrade Trump’s gulag.
9. This cool new book on Goodreads sounds suspiciously similar to my WIP.
8. There is a Dark Lord to overthrow.
7. Not wanting to feel like the ugly kid at prom anymore.
6. Crippling depression is a full-time job.
5. All of my friends are signing with agents, leaving no agents for me.
4. All of my friends are getting book deals, leaving no book deals for me.
3. Busily daydreaming about being Lin-Manuel Miranda.
2. Nobody really needs my book when John Green already exists.
- Is anybody going to read this, anyway?
— — —
Zach J. Payne is a poet, novelist, and thespian; a lover of languages and purveyor of useless knowledge. He is an assistant at Ninja Writers and interns for Pam Howell at D4EO Literary Agency. You can find him on Twitter and Instagram at ZachJPayne. If you enjoyed this article, please click the little green heart. ❤