Services Offered By Modern-Day Funeral Homes
Modern-day funeral homes have evolved a lot and now they offer a whole plethora as compared to what they were offering till around 2 or 3 decades back. The most common assistance that they were offering was disposing the body after the passing away of someone, but alongside this, now they offer several other very useful helps and in this post, we look at some of them other than just general funeral services.
Retrieval and Embalming of the Body
• Modern day institutions own this liability of retrieving the corpse from the place of death.
• This could be from anywhere like hospital, home, a nursing home, any foreign country, etc.
• One more responsibility that they undertake is transporting the body from the place of death to the place recommended by the family member.
• This could be home, nearby church or directly the place where last ceremony is to be held.
• It is in these facilities that the staff prepares the body for proper disposal.
• The director working there are responsible for explaining the available options to the deceased’s family members.
• The same professional holds the responsibility of helping them select the best option depending upon their religious beliefs and budget.
• They also help them determine whether the body would be available for viewing or if there is the option of embalming the dead body.
• If family members have opted for cremation, it is their responsibility to arrange transportation to the selected crematorium.
Preparation and Handling the Body
• The staff is also responsible for offering one more service, i.e. handling the body.
• They are trained to showcase utmost dignity and respect every second that they pass with the body.
• Apart from washing and embalming the body, they are also responsible for preparing the body for viewing.
They even offer random and common funeral services like —
• Dressing the body
• Putting on makeup
• Placing the body inside the casket for viewing and burial
• On top of everything, they are responsible for ensuring the family members that the body would be handled with utmost care and respect in each process.
Processing the Paper Works
• Documentation is an important part of the overall process and the staff is responsible for carrying out all of them.
• This would include completing several documents like death certificate, wills and estates, special permits, authorizations and all other paperwork.
• The director is responsible for collecting the necessary documents and details and arranging them systematically to simplify the documentation process.
• In case, the family members want the copies of the death certificate, it is their responsibility to arrange the number of copies as requested by them.
• They are also responsible for transmitting obituaries to newspaper and other media to make sure that the relatives, family members, colleagues, friends, etc. of the deceased be aware of the planning.
Other Funeral Services Offered by Them –
• Funeral planning and caretaker services.
• Helping the family decide upon the details.
• Ensuring that all details are carried out according to the family’s wishes.
• Arranging for where the ceremony would be held, where the memorial would be held, and whether the body or cremated remains will be buried, scattered, or disposed by some other method.
• Assisting the family in ordering the flowers, the casket or urn, etc.
• Offering a car service to pick up relatives at the airport for Funeral Services.
• Making hotel and restaurant reservations for the incoming family members.