This process was done using a desktop PC with the MetaMask wallet extension on the Ethereum network. The screenshots may look slightly different depending on the wallet used.
If the screen doesn’t load to the next step after clicking the Approve, Deposit, or Claim buttons or you receive an error ‘Something wrong happened,’ please reload the screen. If that doesn’t resolve your issue, verify that you have enough ETH for the gas fee.
If you receive a message stating ‘You don’t have a ZINU V1 balance to swap’ make sure you’re using a wallet that has ZINU in it and that you’re connected to the correct network where your ZINU is located (ETH / BSC).
- Navigate to https://wearezinu.com/migration
- Click on MetaMask or WalletConnect depending on the wallet you’re using.
You can confirm compatible wallets with WalletConnect here.
3. A message will appear in your wallet. Click on Next and then Connect when prompted to.
Your current ZINU balance will be displayed along with the new ZINU balance after swapping your tokens.
The new token supply will be reduced from 1,000,000,000,000,000 (1Q) to 1,000,000,000 (1B). The market cap will be the same, resulting in the same value of your tokens after the migration.
If the total supply of ZINU was 1,000,000 and the market cap was $1,000,000, then the price per token would be $1.
If the supply were to be reduced to 1,000 and have a market cap of $1,000,000 then the value per token would be $1,000, resulting in an equal 1:1 ratio by value.
4. Click on Approve Tokens to allow the Migration DApp access to your wallet.
5. A confirmation message will appear in your wallet. Click Confirm to approve the transaction.
6. Once the transaction has been approved, click Deposit V1 Tokens to begin the migration process.
7. A confirmation message will appear in your wallet. Click Confirm to approve the transaction.
8. Once the tokens have been deposited, click Claim Tokens to receive your ZINU tokens on the new contract.
The number of tokens you’re receiving is on the right side of the window.
9. A confirmation message will appear in your wallet. Click Confirm to receive ZINU from the new contract.
10. A ‘Migration Complete’ message will appear on the screen once the migration process has completed.
11. Open the MetaMask browser extension and click the Assets tab and then click import tokens.
12. Click Custom token.
13. Copy the new ZINU contract address for Ethereum: 0xC5FDf3569af74f3B3e97E46A187a626352D2d508
14. Paste the contract address in the ‘Token contract address’ box to populate the new ZINU token information.
15. Scroll down and click Add custom token.
16. Click Import tokens.
Your new ZINU token balance will be displayed.
The new ZINU contract will not show a value yet until after the token officially launches and it is listed on CoinMarketCap.