This process was done using an iPhone with the Coinbase Wallet App on the ETH Network. If you’re on an Android device, some of these steps may not be applicable to you.
If you currently have a MetaMask wallet set up with an account, this method won’t work. You will need to import your wallet using your 12 word recovery phrase, which MetaMask does not let you do if you currently have a wallet set up. Please import the recovery phrase into a wallet that you do not use. An alternative is Trust Wallet.
If the screen doesn’t load to the next step after clicking the Approve, Deposit, or Claim buttons or you receive an error ‘Something wrong happened,’ please refresh the screen by pressing the screen with your finger, dragging the screen down, and releasing your finger from the screen. If that doesn’t resolve your issue, verify that you have enough Ethereum for the gas fee.
If you receive an error message stating ‘Webpage not available’ with the error ‘CLEARTEXT_NOT_PERMITTED’ after step 14, please confirm that the URL starts with https:// (not http://). You may need to manually type in the URL.
1. Open Coinbase Wallet.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Show recovery phrase.
4. Click Copy to clipboard.
4. Open MetaMask on your device.
5. Click Get started.
6. Click Import using Secret Recovery Phrase.
7. Paste the 12 word secret recovery phrase from the Coinbase Wallet in the box and create a password.
The password is only stored locally and doesn’t protect you if your seed phrase or wallet is compromised by clicking malicious links.
8. Once finished, click Import.
9. Click Done.
10. Click the message stating tokens were found in this account.
11. Click Import.
12. Click the 3 horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen.
13. Click Browser.
14. In the search bar, type in https://wearezinu.com/migration/ and then click go.
15. Click Connect.
Your current ZINU balance will be displayed along with the new ZINU balance after swapping your tokens.
The new token supply will be reduced from 1,000,000,000,000,000 (1Q) to 1,000,000,000 (1B).
The market cap will be the same, resulting in the same value of your tokens after the migration.
If the total supply of ZINU was 1,000,000 and the market cap was $1,000,000, then the price per token would be $1.
If the supply were to be reduced to 1,000 and have a market cap of $1,000,000 then the value per token would be $1,000, resulting in an equal 1:1 ratio by value.
16. Click on Approve Tokens to allow the Migration DApp access to your wallet.
17. Click Approve to confirm the transaction.
18. Once the transaction has been approved, click Deposit V1 Tokens to begin the migration process.
19. Click Confirm to approve the transaction.
20. Once the tokens have been deposited, click Claim Tokens to receive your ZINU tokens on the new contract.
The number of tokens you’re receiving is on the right side of the window.
21. Click Confirm to finalize the transaction.
A green ‘Migration Complete’ message will appear on the screen once the migration process has completed.
22. Click on the horizontal lines icon at the top left corner of the screen.
23. Click Wallet and proceed to the main screen to view your tokens.
24. Click Import Tokens.
25. Click Custom Token.
26. Copy the new ZINU contract address: 0xC5FDf3569af74f3B3e97E46A187a626352D2d508
27. Click in the ‘Token Address’ box.
28. Paste the token address and click Import.
Your ZINU balance on the new contract will be displayed.
Please note that your new ZINU tokens will not show a value or show a token logo yet. The value of the new ZINU token will not appear until after the token officially launches and it is listed on CoinMarketCap. This will be in November to give ample time for members to migrate to the new contract.