Week 4: Flow and More Wires!
Originally updated on Jan 28
This weekend I had somewhat of a internal self doubt because I wasn’t sure if I was making a product that was too similar to already existent products — to similar to language learning apps (even though my platform is not for language learning haha)
I was also very unhappy with the look and feel of the wires (even though they were just wires) I made last week. I think I was just attacking all the wires without much knowledge in how my platform worked all together.
So to clarify my product for myself I made a flowchart of the inner workings of my platforms so I knew where the problems would emerge for the user and whether or not I needed to actually wireframe ALL these screens for my final product.
Before I deep dived into making wireframes I just got tired of using a rectangle for a placeholder for my platform name so I brainstormed some below:
- Cue Cue
I reallly liked the name Cue but wasn’t too sure if already existed (as every name has been taken) so I just went with Cuesais (kind of like what the cue says then I took a spin on how I actually spelt says)for the time being and in the wireframes.
Next Steps and Critique Discussion
- So after critique on Jan 30, Jamie basically said the platform name should be Cue instead haha (which I am so onboard with)
- About my self doubts — that it is hard to make “innovative” steps but Jamie believes that I will be able to accomplish what I want
- Jamie also wanted me to create a user journey so that I could get a sense of which screens were needed to be made
- Moving forward — I will try to make my platform more “me” once I actually get to jazz it up this coming weekend
- I have to finalize all the content for the actual platform because it will affect my overall designs — so I have to tackle the exercise questions thoughtfully and the rest of the text portions
- Basically, come up with a look and feel and make progress in a fidelity version of Cue :)